Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,706   Posts: 1,482,836   Online: 1017

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Unfortunate problem with Fomapan R double 8

I got some rolls of this today from Freestyle, as I had no time to go to Yale, where I normally get my film. I leave at 2 a.m. for my road trip to Detroit. I just tried to load a roll into my Nizo Heliomatic S2R only to discover that the sprocket holes are way too tiny to engage the teeth in the camera. I though they looked funny. These look like Super 8 perforations. Is there something I am missing?
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 06-19-2009 at 09:34 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, they are Super 8 perforation! We sell the Foma film - as well as the standard 8, Foma produce the same film in the same 50' (2x25") cans but with super 8 perforation. We got some of this, were caught out like you and buried the remainder in the back of the shop somewhere. I haven't a clue what it's intended to fit!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Problem solved. The clerk at Freestyle gave me something called "Double Super 8" instead of the Standard 8 I asked for. Easy mistake for a clerk to make when he/she does not really know anything about motion film. I should have double checked. I just had no idea that Double Super 8 even existed, so when I saw the standard 8 sized box, I accepted that it was what I wanted. I've got someone that is going to make the exchange and ship me the proper stuff to my destination in Dearborn. Too bad I won't get to shoot it on the trip there.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    Double super 8 is used in a few Cameras. some take it in 100ft rolls.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin