Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,751   Posts: 1,515,847   Online: 968

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fibre Based?

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ilford Multigrade IV-FB is a good-quality, fiber-base paper. As far as tonal preferences goes, that is largely a matter of personal taste and film choice. I use this paper for Tmax-400 negatives developed in D76 or ID11 1+1. My paper developer was Dektol and is now Agfa Neutol WA. All this works well for my type of photography (see my website).

For me, paper curl is not an issue, because I have a drymount press. There are numerous threads on APUG, dealing with paper curl, and I cannot add anything to them
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would like to add that fresh paper is usually good paper. Most paper boxes (if not all) don't contain an expiration date. The only way to make sure you get good stuff is to buy fresh.

Ilford truly is top notch paper. Like Ralph, it's what I mainly use, albeit in the warmtone incarnation. I also use some Foma paper for lith printing.

When you practice to become a good printer, you choose your paper first. Then you tailor your negatives to print well on that paper.

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin