Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,618   Online: 1130

Shooter
    Medium Format

Jobo Paper Developing Problem

Every 3rd or 4th print, I get some streaking across the paper. The streaking is rather light, and I believe it is uneven developer flow, or possibly uneven stop bath flow. The streaks are always toward the end of the paper that is against the bottom of the drum and run across the print. Jobo CPA2, with 2830 drum, only on 8x10 prints. I have tried prewashing the prints, but still get the occasional streaks. Any thoughts on what I might be doing wrong, or may be missing?

Thanks
    John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How are you drying the drum between prints?

hka
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    1. The amount of developer is not enough.
    2. The CPA2 is not leveled horizontal or water level in the trog is to high
    harry

Release, the best you can do...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm drying the drum with a paper towel, then a hand held hair dryer.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by cdat View Post
    Every 3rd or 4th print, Jobo CPA2, with 2830 drum, only on 8x10 prints.
    Thanks
    John
    Looks like you may be saying that (1) it only happens with 8x10 prints and not with other sizes in the same 2830 drum and (2) even in 8x10 the first two prints are always OK?

Can you confirm this as it may help us collectively reaching likely conclusions on causes or at least eliminate certain causes?

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like you have a water drop or two in spite of the drying. Do you dry the lid thoroughly as well?
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dear cdat,
    Actually I do not have CPP but I have lots of interesting at JOBO print drum.
    I would like to give you information I found at APUG forums.
    I also would like to confirm it. see the below including likns.

======

Compiled By JOBO's Customer Service Department

Water Streaks On Prints

Recently a customer using his JOBO CPP-2 was experiencing the light colored streaks that many of us have seen. This result is normally caused by water drops getting on the paper before the full dose of prewet water, or before the developer. In his case he was sure that drum and lid were bone dry, and he continued to have intermittent streaking.

In a desperate attempt to correct the condition, he added 2 drops of Photoflo to a liter of water that he would use as a prewet of the paper. The report is that this technique cured his streaking problem.

=====

link: http://www.jobo.com/jobo_service_ana...404.htm#TIP944
    http://www.jobo.com/jobo_service_analog/jq/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Drying the drum is important. Keeping the drum and machine level is also important. If you are using a machine with a lift, be sure the lift is fully down for the processing.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin