Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,583   Posts: 1,622,150   Online: 774

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Unfortunately Tilex (the one with Sodium Hypochlorite,
    mold and mildew") did not work (unless you define work as bleaching the wall and removing the paint). Would not recommend using Tilex to clean pyro stains off of painted walls. I am going to have to prime and paint the wall now (which I was planning on anyway so no big thing).

On the other hand, it did turn blue paint yellow..Probably from all the bleach.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gainer View Post
    IIRC, I looked at the contents of Tilex once upon a time and made a Tilex Expedient out of washing soda and Chlorox. It cleaned the bathroom tile, but I didn't try it on any darkroom stains. Chlorox will remove nearly any stain from film base, but that's because it removes the emulsion.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Clorox Clean up is bleach and sodium hydroxide
    The Works is HCl. I clean my trays with it.
    Both would probably take the paint off but maybe the stain would come out sooner

I'm afraid of instadeaths when some dribbles out of the tray and you have it on your walls lol

I have some undiluted Rodinal stains that won't come out with anything

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got a product from Formulary that I use to clean about everything and is not toxic, there is enough of that around already.

http://www.photoformulary.com/Deskto...ion=0&langId=0
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm not sure if WD2D has some special "staining power" but Tilex didn't do anything for me (80% alcohol probably did the best). So primer and a few coats of paint later and its gone. I'm seriously thinking about painting my walls tan next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    I got a product from Formulary that I use to clean about everything and is not toxic, there is enough of that around already.

http://www.photoformulary.com/Deskto...ion=0&langId=0

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin