Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,042   Posts: 1,560,732   Online: 1129

Shooter
    Multi Format

taming high contrast B&W military film

i have managed to get hold of some weird hi con recon 35mm film, from army surplus, no markings but was told it was from japan.
    i processed this treating the film like kodak technical pan in
    tetenal neofin doku developer,which came in little 1 shot bottles.
    i like this stuff a lot,i have been told that this doku stuff is not made any more.
    anyone got any interesting alternative recipes to tame contrast improve grey scale.
    the best recipe will get a roll of very very interesting film.
    cheers

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    try D76 diluted one plus three to one plus five. or HC 110 diluted about 1:100 from syrup. Jim Galli is very successful using Rodinal and some alteration when developing Lith film which has been exposed in camera. you might try a search on here, for his process. I don't think anyone is more successful in using high contrast films.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    35mm
    Rodinal 1-100 68f for 7 min for kodak high contrast tech pan film asa 64.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wonder what d-23 will do to it.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "doku" is the Japanese word for "poison" ... I wonder if that's why it's not made anymore ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you mix from scatch, correspond. I have made up one that I believe was called T/O XDR4 or something like that. I used it to get continuous tone out of ortho lithographic film.

It was a developer with very little devloping agents. On the range of 1g of hydroquinone per litre, whereas the typical range for most film developers are between 7 and 12g of HQ per litre.

Of course many developers are used diluted from thier stock strengths, which is another way, as prior posters have suggested, to tame contrast; ie dilute more than usual.
    my real name, imagine that.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin