Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,489   Online: 769

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

microfilm resolution

Hi

while I've played with photographic things for normal photography I find myself exposed here at work to issues of microfilm for recording and archiving. I'm interested to know more about the types of emulsions which exist and the ability of them to record detail. So does anyone have any suggestions for more succinct reading than just googling it?

Theory: you understand why it should work but it doesn't
    Practice: it works but you have no idea how
    Here theory and practice meet, things don't work and I don't know why
    Homepages: here Blog: here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kodak Imagelink, Agfa Copex or Adox CMS 20 will be around 350-400ln/mm but all these micro films have a low iso rate (a real iso 10) and will need a special developer to keep the C.I. in range.

The Rollei ATP1.1 (Advance Technical Pan ) is a bit less suffering with the C.I. and can be used with regular developers around iso 15 and with the special developers iso 25-40 with also 400ln/mm. Further this film is also available in 120 roll film.

Rollei ATP1.1 with the ATP-DC developer:

Rollei ATP1.1 with Rodinal 1+150 E.I. 15 :

Best regards,

Robert

Here is some data on Kodak Imagelink:
    http:www.mikrofilm.hu/pdf/negativfilm.pdf

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin