Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,716   Posts: 1,514,773   Online: 827

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Yes, and now I can see that is very true. I guess the 'bleach bypass' adds density because the silver is in there too.

Any ideas on improving the density of the B&W negative? Over/under exposure? Over/under develop time? Redevelopment? Other?

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fix only might help, or severe overexposure. If the print is light, the negative will be dark.

PE

Shooter
    Instant Films
    The process I looked through on Flickr mentions fix before the bleach http://www.flickr.com/photos/pacorocha/3575641036/

I gave it a go and was too keen with the amount of bleach I used and got some on the side I didn't want an as such washed away some of the negative. http://www.flickr.com/photos/frontdr...7606780091301/

As I'm not a full darkroom user (zero enlarging/printing skills) the best I could do with the negative is scan and print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by amuderick View Post
    Any ideas on improving the density of the B&W negative? Over/under exposure? Over/under develop time? Redevelopment? Other?

Thanks!
    Just quick ideas: try developing longer than usual (probably won't help), and you might also warm the positive/negative package a bit while developing, I am thinking a warm, moist towel.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    Just quick ideas: try developing longer than usual (probably won't help), and you might also warm the positive/negative package a bit while developing, I am thinking a warm, moist towel.
    Backwards!

The colder or shorter transfer will leave more dye behind in the negative.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ah yes, you're right, you want minimal dye transfer.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Large Format
    I am very pleased with the results I get in color. All my dyes are happy.

I am specifically interested in a way to improve the density of my B&W negative...from Fuji FP-100B film. I am looking for a Polaroid 665 replacement.

It appears that the silver negative in the color film is fairly dense (and the negative itself is more durable). Is there a way of removing the dyes but leaving the silver image? Kind of a reverse bleach? Maybe that would work? Then I would get a B&W negative to work with.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've tried the FP-3000B b/w materials and used the peel away part as a negative that I've scanned and inverted and then used for a print with varied results. I've experimented with the FP-100C in making image transfers that give inconsistent but interesting results. Using the backing to get a negative type materials could provide an art type look.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I really want to be able to make on-the-spot cyanotypes in a demonstration setting. I need a negative with the required density to do it.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by amuderick View Post
    I really want to be able to make on-the-spot cyanotypes in a demonstration setting. I need a negative with the required density to do it.
    How are you intending on drying these rapidly? I was hanging around with a fuji FP3000B user last week and he said the goop side takes 1-2 hours to dry. I don't see how you can do a whole class rapidly in only an hour AND make cyanotypes.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin