Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,199   Posts: 1,531,481   Online: 887

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Large Format
    Drying depends on ambient humidity. I have experimented with using a hair dryer and also a handheld fan. Both work well and quickly. If you are in a dry climate, they will dry in a minute or two. In 100% humidity...2 hours could be reality.

Also, The FP-100C (color) version dries MUCH more quickly than the B&W version.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Here is where it stands:

1) Overexpose FP-100C (color) by 1-2 stops. Wash goop away and dry in plain water.
    2) Tape flat to glass and apply a paper towel wet with household bleach (Clorox) to backing. Backing will dissolve away.
    3) Place in my contact print frame with a sheet of Lana Aquarelle hot press watercolor paper coated with Ware's New Cyanotype emulsion.
    4) Expose 80 minutes under 45 W of fluorescent blacklight (sunlight equivalent is probably 5-10 minutes)
    5) Develop in mildly acidic water with final rinse in dilute solution of Hydrogen Peroxide.

This is the result attached. This is the best result I have obtained. FP-100B negatives were much too thin and the contrast was even less. FP-100C negatives with bleach/fix or just fix gave worse results.

As you can see, the image is way underexposed. The film itself appears to have a strong UV blocking layer. Further exposure improves shadow density but highlights suffer accordingly.

Ideas appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails test print from fp-100c negative.jpg  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin