Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,527   Posts: 1,572,386   Online: 1133

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

is 220 film made anymore?

Does anyone know if 220 size film is still being manufactured?.If so by whom and is it B&W or colour.

Doug

E76
    Shooter
    Instant Films
    Images
    Kodak and Fuji both have color films available in 220. As for B&W, TXP is the only film that I know of film available in 220 (but there may be others). Unfortunately, Ilford is no longer capable of finishing film in 220 format.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by E76 View Post
    Unfortunately, Ilford is no longer capable of finishing film in 220 format.
    Yes, how sad. Wouldn't it be great to load up some Pan-F or FP-4 in 220 and go shooting merrily along? I know I'd buy it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Take a look at www.film220.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'm still happily shooting Tri-X in 220, but I have learned that if I'm traveling, I can't assume I'll be able to buy it easily even in a major U.S. city other than NYC or LA, so I should be sure I've got enough film on hand, order it to be shipped to the location, or carry a 120 back in case I have to buy film locally.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Philippe Grunchec View Post
    Take a look at www.film220.com
    Any further news on the TX 400 in 220 which that page mentions?
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It would be nice if more 220 films were available, but as long as we have 120 we can still shoot at least.

I have a love/hate relationship with TXP unfortunately (I would shoot TX over TXP if it were available in 220) but I do shoot C41 films in 220 fairly frequently.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Spoolman

I am 99.999% sure that the only B&W 220 film still around is Kodak TXP 320. (Boy do I miss Plus X in 220, disc. about 2-3 years ago).

As for color, both in print and in chrome, I again am 99.999% sure that are available from both Kodak and Fuji.

However, (see my previous post about 220 slide film), just because they list it on the web site doesn't mean that stores stock it.

For slides, in 220, I use Kodak 100 VS.
    I used to use 100 G and GX. Can not find it anywhere. Kodak Web site still shows it, brick & morter shops as well as on-line, no where to be found.

As others have said, at least we still have 120

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

is 220 film made anymore

Thanks all for your input.I'm in the process of paring down my camera collection and since I didn't know what films were still being produced in 220 I was looking to sell a 220 film holder for my Pentax 645 as well as a Graflex 20 exposure 6x7 roll film back for my 2x3 Speed Graphic.

I will have to do some number crunching and see if it is still worth it to keep both of them or sell them.

Doug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    220 film holders tend not to be very expensive, precisely because 220 films are uncommon. I know that for my Bronica SQ system, 120 holders are approximately 3x the price of 220 holders. I have a pair of really pretty 220 holders, but two of my three 120 holders are a bit battlescarred precisely because of the high price of the 120 holders. It made no sense to get 220 holders in similar condition when ones in really excellent condition are so inexpensive.

Check out the prices and see, but if the same holds true with your systems, the 220 holders will be worth keeping even if there aren't a lot of 220 films from which to choose.

When you are going to do a lot of shooting, particularly colour negative, 220 is a really handy feature and the films are easy enough to get (especially if you order in advance).
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin