Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,342   Online: 768

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ilford Rapid Fixer and Formulary TF-4 for Pyro

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Another vote for Sprint Speed Fixer. Odorless and nearly neutral. I've used TF-4, but found it expensive and difficult to mix because of the precipitate.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    I've been using the Arista Premium Odorless rapid fixer. It's important to me that my paper fixer doesn't smell, because I have such a small dark-closet.

It seems to me that ammonium thiosulfate is ammonium thiosulfate, so one might as well buy the cheapest fixer available. It seems that the only qualities to buy on are price, capacity, and keeping ability. If capacity and keeping ability are better between brands of fixers, the more expensive ones might end up being cheaper in the long run.
    I buy whatever fixer is the cheapest or on sale, fixer is fixer, I have a low volume operation, so I usually look for smaller quantities, the Ilford comes in 1L bottles, I have an empty 500ml bottle from years ago, and put half in there and seal it up, the rest I can usually use before it expires.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I use Ilford Hypam 1:4 for film and 1:9 for paper. Availability and cost are my main factors. Calumet sells it and it comes to my door within 2 days of the order. Calumet is a sponsor here as well. Calumet is a member of Upromise also and sometimes they have free shipping offers so I stock up then.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hypam for paper, and film, both pyro and non-pyro. It has no effect on the pyro stain, based on my personal tests.
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Shooter
    35mm
    The ARISTA PREMIUM ODORLESS FIXER is a very highly concentrated fixer and is a "stop fix" as well. Therefore, if you like there is no need for a stop bath. If you prefer ODORLESS STOP BATH is also available.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin