Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,271   Posts: 1,534,478   Online: 1145

Shooter
    35mm

I should have invested in Polaroid

Seriously.

I should have invested in Polaroid. Well, not the company...that died off. I should have invested in Polaroid film packs.

http://www.photojazz.ws/2009/06/polaroid-665-film

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They are not good for hoarding. Tend to dry out. (At least their integral films.)

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    They are not good for hoarding. Tend to dry out. (At least their integral films.)
    They have a pretty decent shelf life in the fridge. Just don't freeze 'em.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Polaroid have just released a new D camera that spits out a small ink-free print. http://www.polaroid.com/polaroidtwo/gb/
    Last edited by Andy K; 06-28-2009 at 05:13 AM. Click to view previous post history.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K View Post
    Polaroid have just released a new D camera that spits out a small ink-free print. http://www.polaroid.com/polaroidtwo/gb/
    Who's the manufacturer? I'm assuming they have the rights to the nameplate, at least for that model camera.

Shooter
    35mm

According to the poster, this polaroid stockpile is 5 double packs deep. Seems to me like they should be in the fridge.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post

According to the poster, this polaroid stockpile is 5 double packs deep. Seems to me like they should be in the fridge.
    Yes, but you can't be a show off if they are hidden in the fridge. LOL

Hmm...no 665, though. I think 665 (b&w pos/neg) was discontinued a year or so before 664 (color pos/neg).

Shooter
    35mm
    Considering that those packs must at least be 2 years old or more, I guess the must make great "display-only" items...or paperweights. LOL

E76
    Shooter
    Instant Films
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianPhotog View Post
    Yes, but you can't be a show off if they are hidden in the fridge. LOL

Hmm...no 665, though. I think 665 (b&w pos/neg) was discontinued a year or so before 664 (color pos/neg).
    664 was 100 ASA B&W, positive only. The 690 on that shelf, however, is 100 ASA color, positive only. To my knowledge Polaroid never made a pos/neg color material.

Anyway, I too have amassed a large stash of Polaroid film (mostly 600 and 779)—something I wish I did with Kodachrome! Most of it were purchased when in it was in production, at only $10 per pack! Now I think the value of it has practically tripled, but I'm still not selling. I bought that film to make photographs, not a profit! All the packs are expired by now, but so far every single one I've used from the stash has worked just fine.
    Last edited by E76; 06-30-2009 at 01:37 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by E76 View Post
    Anyway, I too have amassed a large stash of Polaroid film (mostly 600 and 779)—something I wish I did with Kodachrome! Most of it were purchased when in it was in production, at only $10 per pack! Now I think the value of it has practically tripled, but I'm still not selling. I bought that film to make photographs, not a profit! All the packs are expired by now, but so far every single one I've used from the stash has worked just fine.
    I bought the pack of 665 with an "unspecified future project" in mind and would have held on to it except to the fact that I no longer have anything to use it with. I ended up trading it for something photographically-useful to me and not for a "profit", so I feel it worked out fairly.

I just got a kick out of the way the "value" of Polaroid film has grown in relation to the economy-at-large.

I wish I had more Kodachrome, too...I only have one roll of Kodachrome 200 in the freezer. I usually buy film to finish but somehow this one roll escaped me.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin