Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,120   Online: 825

Shooter
    35mm

Edwal Blue toner

I have some of this and my wife wants some blue-toned prints (to match the bathroom naturally). Can I use this to blue-tone RC prints that are already dry? How? All I have is the bottle and I can't find directions online anywhere.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The ingredients listed on the MSDS for Edwal toner match those listed in Rudman's book for ANSCO/GAF 241. Basically, this is an iron blue toner. According to Rudman's book, it is used without dilution, but I suppose that would apply if you mix the toner from raw chemicals following the formulary in his book.

You would need to soak the prints first before toning them. Iron toners tend to fade if the print is washed too much (and iron toning is notoriously NOT archival), so in my experience, you tone until you get the color you want, wash the prints briefly, and then dry.
    Louie

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The usage notes here on combining blue toner with fixing might help, if you want a strong blue tone:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum227/...-teaspoon.html

Shooter
    35mm
    Since I don't know the composition of my 4oz bottle of blue toner, I still don't know how much, if any, I should dilute the solution for toning.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    According to the Adorama web site, the dilution is 1:15: http://www.adorama.com/CHETBL4.html?...46303437261513

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin