Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,500   Posts: 1,543,308   Online: 905

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by kodachrome64 View Post
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry 8300: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

You know what's funny about that is that some store websites (B&H I think, for instance) list it as 120mm. I see it all over the place like that. Oh well, I guess people think it's similar to 35mm instead of the film code like 135.
    Just another example of why we should always question "conventional wisdom"

Perhaps it's just my imagination, or the fact that the film is wider, but I have always gotten the impression the 120 had a thinner film base than 135.
    Roger

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by like2fiddle View Post
    Just another example of why we should always question "conventional wisdom"

Perhaps it's just my imagination, or the fact that the film is wider, but I have always gotten the impression the 120 had a thinner film base than 135.
    It does, because it's used differently. 35mm film has the perforations, it's on a thick base to keep from tearing out the perforations. 120 film often needs to go through sharp bends in the camera, so it's on a thin base. There isn't a huge difference though for example Ilford coats FP4 35mm on a .125mm base and 120 on a .110m base, so a difference of .015mm, that's a pretty small amount, when you consider that .015mm is less then 0.0006 inches.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

JPD
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    The bluest film I've ever seen is Foma 400/Arista.EDU Ultra. The developer looks like Kool-aid when you pour it out, and the film retains a bright blue tint after processing.
    Foma use a blueish film base for this film, so it will not help to fix or wash it longer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin