Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,761   Online: 939

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    35mm

Published formuals?

Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    I would have to add that virtually every formula that Kodak used or produced but did not originate was published in some manner by Kodak at one time or another. Formulas that originated through internal R&D were never published.
    I thought that most of the "chemicals" for the motion picture processes are published. some of them come with warnings about needing a licence to use them commercially.

http://motion.kodak.com/US/en/motion...tion/index.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cmacd123 View Post
    I thought that most of the "chemicals" for the motion picture processes are published. some of them come with warnings about needing a licence to use them commercially.

http://motion.kodak.com/US/en/motion...tion/index.htm
    This is true.

You can even buy a high level EK license / contract which supplies you with formulas, analytical and other control features and technical support.

At Cape Canaveral we had such support and could call in EK assistance right from the local office in Orlando. We had scratch mix facilities and processed B&W and color MP right there on-site. But, it was essentially an NDA situation in that the information was confidential and only licensed.

This is also done in Hollywood.

PE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin