Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,954   Posts: 1,522,785   Online: 961

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Bulk film in loader. Possibility to identify?

Hi everyone, I got two bulk loaders and there's is film in them. My questions are:

any chance to identify what film I got there? My best bet that both are tri-X 400 film but i'm not sure..

What iso can I set? What if it's 100 and I set 400? Or the other way around.

Any info would be great.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Take 2 sort lengths and process them, most films have pre-exposed edge markings.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Ok great. Will do that today.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    With the different dev times/chemicals, it should be OK enough to see the markings?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by mrdat View Post
    With the different dev times/chemicals, it should be OK enough to see the markings?
    I had a similar problem a while back, was given a stack of home-reloaded cassettes, all the same film but no labels! Try developing a few inches of the film in your usual developer at time/temperature for Tri-X.....all you need is to be able read the pre-exposed markings, doesn't matter if it proves to be another film, the developing should be near enough for the purpose.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
    ... the developing should be near enough for the purpose.
    I thought so. Just wanted to ask! Thanks.

Yeah, I have a few loaders I got off ebay and one from a friend (who I think labeled it wrong) so I want to test it.

Shooter
    35mm
    Heh well I'm glad I'm
    not alone

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Last time I had something like that, I simply pulled a few inches from the loader in the dark and tossed the strip into a tray of Dektol for a few minutes. Stop and fix followed. Good enough to get the job done.
    Frank Schifano

GJA
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    If it does not have edge markings, come back to this thread and describe both a developed and undeveloped piece of this film. Ive seen a fair number of films without markings and we may be able to help you out.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi all, well I developed a test roll in my old chemicals and the film came out foggy clear, and
    I can barelly see one exposure out of 5.

I can barelly see some markings so need help to identify the film.

I see an arrow to the right then a 40 in black box then arrow and 40A then arrow 41 then arrow 41A with an E on top of 41. Then it has little 0 2 7 right after the 41A

oh looking hard right now I can read on the other side what seems like kodak safety film 5063?

That's all I have. Plz help

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin