Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,646   Posts: 1,481,264   Online: 744

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    Stop-bath washes out pretty readily. I had spilled some on carpet before (which btw, has that green look to it) and it was easily steam cleaned out.
    Fresh maybe, but well used will give yo developer stains

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Die your carpet green.

I know. Boo. Hiss.

Try some sort of oxidizing cleaner. Should do the trick. Follow up with some Formula 409 just in case ot might be mold. To be safe.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm thinking, Nickel, copper, or Iron maybe, if its not a colour developer.

Are you mixing toner there as well?
    "Flatter Me, and I May Not Believe You. Criticize Me, and I May Not like You. Ignore Me, and I May Not Forgive You. Encourage Me, and I Will Not Forget You."

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by cinefane View Post
    In the bathroom, at the location where I mix my chemicals, there has appeared a green stain on the carpet.

Could it have been caused by photo chemicals? It seems to have appeared over time. I used mostly B&W chemistry though I did experiment with an RA4 kit some months ago.

Any idea of how to get rid of it? It doesn't want to come out with regular soap and water.

And... no, getting a new carpet is not an option.
    There is probably some reaction between something and the dye in the carpet, there are lots of chemicals that are used in bathrooms, including many perfumed soaps, makeup, makeup remover, etc. Any of these can contain something that would react with the dye to create a green colour.

The best thing to do, is remove the carpet and use a hard flooring, sheet flooring works the best for bathrooms really. If there are problems with a cold floor, then you can put down a bathroom area rug, make sure you buy ones that can be machine washed and dried. Get two and then you can switch them every few days to eliminate the chances of mould and mildew growing on them. Cleaning up chemical spills is much easier on a hard floor, so when mixing chemicals, just push the rug into a corner or take it out, until your done.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well, whatever it was, it's gone now. By yesterday evening it seemed to have spread quite wide, but a bar of soap and about half an hour of hard scrubbing did the trick. It's strange though, that it first appeared when we had the carpet cleaned. (I've begun to suspect a spillage of cleaning chemicals, not photo chemicals. Toilet duck?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Keep a bottle of Oxi-Clean handy. Works wonders on carpet stains.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexG View Post
    Carpeted bathrooms has got to be the worst thing ever though up by man kind.

MOLD...MOLD...MOLD!!!
    Right up there with carpeted kitchens

They are usually notable due to their peculiar odor though. So, if it is from a developer, what is the odor?
    It's a bathroom. Not sure I'd get down and smell the carpet.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteymorange View Post

It's a bathroom. Not sure I'd get down and smell the carpet.
    If you have boys in the house, and the carpet is near the toilet that goes double. Aim comes with practice
    "Flatter Me, and I May Not Believe You. Criticize Me, and I May Not like You. Ignore Me, and I May Not Forgive You. Encourage Me, and I Will Not Forget You."

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiteymorange View Post
    Right up there with carpeted kitchens
    They have those?!
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    They have those?!
    Yes. I had to live with one for 7 years in a flat. Open plan kitchen/livingroom situtation and they never decided to end the carpet and put down some lino or something for the kitchen. Lemme tell ya, flour is not a fun thing to get out of carpet. Especially if something then spills on top and you get paste. Ugh.
    Once we moved out they allegedly replaced all the carpet with laminate flooring.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin