Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,500   Posts: 1,571,633   Online: 1129

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Green stain on carpet!

In the bathroom, at the location where I mix my chemicals, there has appeared a green stain on the carpet.

Could it have been caused by photo chemicals? It seems to have appeared over time. I used mostly B&W chemistry though I did experiment with an RA4 kit some months ago.

Any idea of how to get rid of it? It doesn't want to come out with regular soap and water.

And... no, getting a new carpet is not an option.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Possibly, not sure what would cause green but photo-chemicals & carpets don't mix.

Your best bet is trying proper carpet shampoo/cleaner.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cinefane View Post
    In the bathroom, at the location where I mix my chemicals, there has appeared a green stain on the carpet.
    Purely coincidence. At least, that's what I would tell my wife!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Make-up can and does stain carpets, so that's another possibility.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Carpeted bathrooms has got to be the worst thing ever though up by man kind.

MOLD...MOLD...MOLD!!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You could add varying intensities of its opposite colors in order to subtract the green out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some developers turn green with age due to the developing agents they use. In particular, hydroquinone was a component of green ink and HQs in genereral turn green including some developers that use glycin.

They are usually notable due to their peculiar odor though. So, if it is from a developer, what is the odor?

Also, what else have you been using? Copper bleaches, Toners? You could help us by letting us know what else you use.

RA developer will turn green briefly but then revert to straw colored under some conditions. However, the color developing agent could possibly react with a dye in the carpet to give a new dye. The color is anyones guess.

PE

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Probably any of the standard 3: dev, stop, and/or fix. Most all of these will probably wash out with water. However I can't guarantee you'll get the original color back.

Carpeted bathrooms has got to be the worst thing ever though up by man kind.
    Couldn't agree more.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    Probably any of the standard 3: dev, stop, and/or fix. Most all of these will probably wash out with water. However I can't guarantee you'll get the original color back.
    Unfortunately if it's any of those it's highly unlikely to wash out, they don't fully wash out of my lab-coats, jeans etc.

Ian

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Unfortunately if it's any of those it's highly unlikely to wash out, they don't fully wash out of my lab-coats, jeans etc.

Ian
    Stop-bath washes out pretty readily. I had spilled some on carpet before (which btw, has that green look to it) and it was easily steam cleaned out.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin