Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,584   Online: 987

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    if it happens with both films and more cameras, cant it be the development tank?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Willie Jan View Post
    if it happens with both films and more cameras, cant it be the development tank?
    My thoughts too.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I get a bit of edge fogging on my 30 year old Yashica Mat 124. I imagine the door just doesn't seal up perfectly anymore. It never really creeps into the image so I just live with it. Maybe try sealing your camera's crevices with black electrical tape.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Are you making sure to keep the rolls of film out of direct sunlight at all times? Direct sunlight on a roll of 120 could cause fogging even if you haven't removed the outer band yet. Ditto, of course, once you've exposed the roll except that it will be the tail end of the film that's affected.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I never had any problems (fuji acros 120) with roll film and light when changing film at location in the sun.
    Using infrared film or higher iso rated film is a different story...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've had a couple of edge fog problems with my Rolleicord, I figured maybe it was not the loading but instead the way it was spooling onto the takeup spool. IF you look carefully at the exposed roll a couple of them seemed to end up hard against one end of the roll, although in practise it's not really been an issue

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is it edge fogging or is it an agitation problem when processing? If it is in more than one camera, look for processing problems.

Steve

Shooter
    Medium Format

fogged film

Had the identical problem with a Yashica D and Bronica SQ magazines Redid all the seals and. still had it., Noticed on the Bronica’s that the fog occurred along the hinged part of the magazine By process of elimination I ended up with only taping the hinged part of the mag but the entire back of the Yashica and then finally unloaded the film from the camera to the developing reels in a changing bag .Since I use to load the reels this way before I had a light tight darkroom it was no problem. PS never solved the problem , worked around it. For some reason, perhaps age ., 120 spools are much harder to handle than they use to be. I sold off a Fuji 690 RF because unloading the spool was next to impossible without damaging the spool or film .

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I ran some film speed tests last year in my Fuji GW690III. I used Ilford, Foma, Fuji, and Kodak Films. All were loaded/unloaded under the same lighting conditions (indoors).

The Ilford & Foma showed edge fog. The Kodak & Fuji showed NO edge fog. I suspect Fuji & Kodak hold a little tighter tolerance on their spools and on the paper backing. So now I won't use Ilford & Foma films in 120.

Charlie

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ok Charlie, your problem is solved.

Steve

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin