Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,563   Online: 752

Shooter
    35mm

Color print film in Diafine

I have a roll of color print film that I burned testing a camera, but I want to develop it. I was considering using it as a cross-processing experiment. To the best of my knowledge, developing C41 film in B&W chemicals results in a black-and-white negative, but I don't know what time to use, so I figured I could just use Diafine. Will this result in a printable neg?
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you process C41 color neg film in Diafine you'll get a barely printable image. If you scan them, you may get decent results. The orange base of the film will royally screw up anything you thought you knew about printing. How do I know? I've tried it. Especially the highlights are tough to do anything with.
    Lith printing might work better. But scanning really is the way to go in my experience.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can process C41 film in a B&W dev, and fix, wash well and re-halogenate in a Ferricyanide/Bromide bleach, wash then re-develop in C41 chemistry as per normal.

Depending on the B&W dev you use you can get some quite interesting results.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Diafine, an Epson 4990 and an HP printer works. I have held the prints. Very nice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    hallo
    please allow me a little question:
    do you have times for c41 films in b&w chem.
    i also want to try this ( i have d23,d76,and rodinal)

thankyou

thomas
    --------------------------------------------------
    vfdkv (259)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin