Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,507   Posts: 1,543,534   Online: 1035

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Kodak TMax 100 Positive Kit

hey all,

have any of you guys(or gals) out there ever used this kit before? Its expensive, since it only makes 1 qt, but I've really been thinking of giving it a try, since a friend of mine has been considering it as well (50/50 split on price).

http://www.calumetphoto.com/item/KP02005/

any tips i should know about? do the b/w slides have the same latitude as the negatives from standard processing? or should i expose them similar to the way i would color slide materials?

there's always getting the reversal process done at a lab, but for the cost, I'd rather do it myself, and have the control over the process.

any help would be helpful, as its a little expensive as an experiment.

thanks!

-Dan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I look forward to this answer as well.
    Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Daniel:

Kodak's website is your friend:

http://www.kodak.com/global/en/profe...bs/j87/j87.pdf

Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielStone View Post
    hey all,

have any of you guys(or gals) out there ever used this kit before? Its expensive, since it only makes 1 qt, but I've really been thinking of giving it a try, since a friend of mine has been considering it as well (50/50 split on price).

http://www.calumetphoto.com/item/KP02005/

any tips i should know about? do the b/w slides have the same latitude as the negatives from standard processing? or should i expose them similar to the way i would color slide materials?

there's always getting the reversal process done at a lab, but for the cost, I'd rather do it myself, and have the control over the process.

any help would be helpful, as its a little expensive as an experiment.

thanks!

-Dan
    If used correctly it is very good!
    But you can buy raw chemistry at a fraction of the cost of the Kodak kit.
    This way you have fare more control over the process but you should make some tests.

Dug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Dan,

Look for Reversal Development on APUG.org as well as over at unblinkingeye.com. Go to the Ilford site and download their instructions to do reversal development. Many who get bit by the reversal bug end up getting great results through some simple modifications of off the shelf photo chemistry without the expensive kit. It is not too hard and 1/10th the cost using the info/chemistry/processes you find here and other places.

Good luck!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Is there a table that covers black and white film processing for slides so you could use other b/w films like Tri-X or HP5? I'd like to use some higher speed films.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin