Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,206   Online: 708

Shooter
    35mm RF

PC-TEA film capacity

How many 35mm rolls per liter of 1:50 PC-TEA is appropriate (at one developiing session)?

Using 100ml TEA, 9g C, 0.25g P concentrate.

thanks, Robert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Given I can safely do one 36 exposure film in 400ml (8ml PC-TEA), I'm guessing at least 2.5 I've also done two rolls in ~ 600ml (12ml PC-TEA)

Based on the above, I think you should be able to do three rolls at a time in one litre.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I routinely do two rolls at a time in a half-litre tank, so I'll up the estimate to four. :-) But I assume the OP is asking about reusing the developer for more than that, which I've never done---it's so cheap that it never occurred to me *not* to use it as a one-shot.

Note that Kodak recommends using diluted Xtol only as a one-shot (the concentrations of developing agents in PC-TEA 1+50 are somewhere between Xtol 1+1 and 1+2, IIRC).

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I'll put that in my "database". In the meantime, early this AM I did 7 rolls in using 1500ml 1:50 and last roll (done in pairs), showed a bit of a change. My first experiencces with PC-TEA are really good, I'll be working with this.

Thanks, Robert

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin