Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,721   Posts: 1,514,919   Online: 1034

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    [QUOTE=smithdoor;1585922........................ I also like as I can make a 6 shoot roll.

Dave[/QUOTE]

That is a huge benefit, to be able to load short rolls. Raises the cost slightly, however, very convenient at times.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    We all know the benefits of keeping our film in the fridge or freezer, which is fine when the bulk film is in the can. But once you've put the film in a bulk film loader and loaded up a couple of rolls, what are you all doing with the loader? Leaving it out at room temp? Putting the loader in a freezer bag and back into the freezer, condensation inside the loader be damned? Or do you load out the entire 100 feet and then freeze the loaded cassettes?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    it might sound crazy but I put my loader in a seal plastic bag (ziploc) and I do the same as with the gears in and out during winter time...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Remove the film from the loader, put back in the can, put that inside a ziplock, back into the freezer or fridge. Or, if not to much left, bulk load all that is left & freeze that.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear Trask,

I always load the entire roll into cassettes. I understand the boredom if you're in a completely dark room the entire time. I use a Photoflex "Changing Room" and set up in front of the television. Roughly one sit-com later (not including carefully cleaning all the cassettes and loader) the roll is done.

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Trask View Post
    We all know the benefits of keeping our film in the fridge or freezer, which is fine when the bulk film is in the can. But once you've put the film in a bulk film loader and loaded up a couple of rolls, what are you all doing with the loader? Leaving it out at room temp? Putting the loader in a freezer bag and back into the freezer, condensation inside the loader be damned? Or do you load out the entire 100 feet and then freeze the loaded cassettes?
    Once it is loaded it stays loaded.

400 foot is only about 68 cassettes.

My room temps never go that high, we never get sunny side /16, don't you guys have air con 24/7?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin