Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,154   Online: 876

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It sounds like you could probably split some of it up, sell it here and cover what you spent.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    ooo, oooo, ooooo, I'm in San Diego too. If you want to sell any of the HP5 or Tri-X to me you wouldn't even have to go to the post office. : - )

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I'd expect the most out of the Plus-X (nice film that), and the least out of the Ektachrome 100. Personally, I'd use the Ektachrome to teach people how to load stainless steel reels, I'd expect a miserable color shift by now. Well, it would also be fun for cross-processing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations on a major score!

You can bet your bottom dollar I will take as much of the Plus-X as you will give for "testing". I live in L.A., and I would purchase much, much more from you if it turns out to be good and you are willing to sell more. I was just lamenting the loss of this film in 4x5 format yesterday...

...or if you happen to be coming to L.A., let me know. You can come over and use a camera to test some.

I am also interested in the EPN, if you are not. I like it for cross processing.
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 07-20-2009 at 10:13 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm interested in a couple rolls of the EPN as well, I'll drop you a pm. But most of all, well done! That's one heck of a haul, the best I ever came into was a whole bunch of expired Agfa paper when I first started out.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    jesus haha

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'd like some of the 4x5 in either brand.

Shooter
    35mm
    So how did you come across this deal? Craigslist? I always wonder why anyone has 1200 sheets of film on hand. That's pretty much a lifetime supply, or at least it seems so to me.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    35mm
    Yeah, I'm a Craigslist addict. 99% of it is total crap, but it seems to have a lot more "found this crappy old film camera in my garage, it's a Leica brand or something" listings that can be found at a great price. I also like to post WTBs and have come away with plenty of good stuff that way.

San Diego has an ok photo/video section, but LA is where it's at. The prices are more reasonable, but then again, there's a lot less clueless people with Zeiss glass.

Yeah, I'm not sure why anyone would have 5000+ sheets of film, let alone film that was all bought at the same time. He didn't even sell me all of it, he still had at least 1000 sheets left!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    20 July 2009

Abstraxion:

What a score!! I have collected a closet shelf full of old photo paper that has been given to me, but this is a big time find. I would be interested in testing some of the Plus-X, and purchasing some if you are so inclined. I am located in the SF Bay Area. I will PM you with my contact information.

Have lots of fun with your "new toys".

Regards,
    Darwin

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin