Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,748   Posts: 1,515,743   Online: 1109

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Crazy local film deal, should I get it?

I have the opportunity to purchase ~2400 sheets of HP5+ and 1250 sheets of Plus-X in 4x5", in addition to 600' of Ektachrome 100.

For $99.

Now, the film is expired. In fact, it's from 1999, and it's been in a garage (so not cold stored). However, this is pretty much enough film to stretch from here to the lunar surface.

Should I get it? Heck, I'd probably even give some away to APUG people that wanted it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If your bills are paid, children fed and you actually have a 4x5 camera... how could you not go for that?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by abstraxion View Post
    I have the opportunity to purchase ~2400 sheets of HP5+ and 1250 sheets of Plus-X in 4x5", in addition to 600' of Ektachrome 100.

For $99.

Now, the film is expired. In fact, it's from 1999, and it's been in a garage (so not cold stored). However, this is pretty much enough film to stretch from here to the lunar surface.

Should I get it? Heck, I'd probably even give some away to APUG people that wanted it.
    I'd probably buy it. It just depends what state the garage is in.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    YES! and i would to like to buy some from you....please
    photoshop is somewhere you go to buy photo equipment.

lens photos here

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm with Eddie - it's definitely worth a shot.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BBBold: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Ah, forget the kids. ;p
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm
    Where is it? In a temperate region, I wouldn't hope for much...What kills film is freezing, thawing, freezing, thawing, etc. If it is a more constant temperature (or the garage is well insulated), I would be more apt to risk the money.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hell I'd pay for it and you can keep half of it

Shooter
    35mm
    Autumn: It was kept in San Diego, so pretty much as good as it gets if you had to keep something in a garage year round.

Anyways, I GOT IT! Holy CRAP, it's so heavy! I'll be posting a pic soon!

Final tally: 2400 sheets of HP5, 2775 sheets of Plus-X, 6 100' rolls of Ektachrome 100.

I think it'd be good to test this stuff out, but my LF camera is at home right now (in another city!). Would anyone be willing to pay the price of shipping (a few bucks) for a few boxes or so of this stuff on the condition they post the results?
    Last edited by abstraxion; 07-20-2009 at 07:55 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    awesome!
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin