Switch to English Language Passer en langue franÁaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,974   Posts: 1,558,732   Online: 811

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Firstcall-Photographic.co.uk

Hello everybody,
    This is my first post (Iím returning to film processing 20 years after).

My question is: Anyone knows if firstcall-photographic.co.uk is still in business and working?

Many thanks in advance!

(Yesterday at noon Iíve placed an order with them but, after check-out via Sage Pay [formerly Protx, their payment service provider] I got an ďunsuccessfull paymentĒ message.
    However, Iíll checked my online Bank and found that Firstcall Photographic charged £76.70 [correct amount for my order] to my VISA.
    Problem is that I donít have any email from Firstcall Photographic, nor Sage Pay, and after two polite and patient messages from me, I still donít have any feedback from this shop.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hello, i use Firstcall and to now i have had not had any probs. I get the email after the order has gone in. Still in business, yes. Placed a order in the last 24 hrs. ETA about 2-3 days.

Graham

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lluisb View Post
    Hello everybody,
    This is my first post (Iím returning to film processing 20 years after).

My question is: Anyone knows if firstcall-photographic.co.uk is still in business and working?

Many thanks in advance!

(Yesterday at noon Iíve placed an order with them but, after check-out via Sage Pay [formerly Protx, their payment service provider] I got an ďunsuccessfull paymentĒ message.
    However, Iíll checked my online Bank and found that Firstcall Photographic charged £76.70 [correct amount for my order] to my VISA.
    Problem is that I donít have any email from Firstcall Photographic, nor Sage Pay, and after two polite and patient messages from me, I still donít have any feedback from this shop.)
    Have you tried telephoning them?

Tom.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Like Graham I've used Firstcall with no problems, just sit back and wait for the delivery.

Welcome to APUG BTW

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lluisb View Post
    Hello everybody,
    This is my first post (I’m returning to film processing 20 years after).

Many thanks in advance!

(Yesterday at noon I’ve placed an order with them but, after check-out via Sage Pay [formerly Protx, their payment service provider] I got an “unsuccessfull payment” message.
    However, I’ll checked my online Bank and found that Firstcall Photographic charged £76.70 [correct amount for my order] to my VISA.
    Problem is that I don’t have any email from Firstcall Photographic, nor Sage Pay, and after two polite and patient messages from me, I still don’t have any feedback from this shop.)
    I'm going to hazard a guess that your order failed the address verification check. (I.e. the check that your delivery address is the same as the registered address of the card.)

When that happens, owing to the way address verification has been tacked onto a rather aging banking infrastructure, the authorisation will still stand against the card, but the retailer will be told the address didn't match. They then have the option of declining the transaction.

The authorisation will normally hang around for 3 to 5 days - and show as a pending transaction on your online banking - and then expire.

Just a guess though, mind. For what it's worth, I've used Firstcall before and found them to be great.
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Very reliable supplier, 24hr delivery to uk residents, they even have kodachrome in stock !

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for your quick answers!

I didn't telephone them cause I'm not very confident on my spoken english, and even less on my understanding capabilities by phone.

OK, maybe they're already working out this issue... But it would be nice from them to send just a short note to let me know if they're aware of it or not.

Shooter
    35mm
    I wouldn't worry. Unless things have changed a lot since I last ordered and it would seem to be the same then Firstcall will want your custom and will ensure that you get your order even if there are things to be sorted out. In a pack of film it sent to me it got one film wrong and when I contacted Firstcall the correct film was sent immediately and I was told to keep the wrong film free of charge with their compliments.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, in fact they weren't very supportive (if some).

I know there is not a problem with my bank, cause I shop online several times every month (just this noon I made a flawlessly VISA payment on a UK shop) and never had a problem like this: payment platform telling me that my "payment [was] refused by vendor due an identification problem" but my account charged with the name of the vendor as a reference.

I won't bother you with my email exchange with them (altough I don't have any problem to do so if you want to know in detail the kind of support I got), but is a pitty that even when I was polite and patient (I waited more than 24 hours for their first answer expecting not a solution, just a "we know about it, wait for news") they end our correspondence with a rude message (no "Hello", no "Dear customer", nor anything and no signature).

I'll look for better luck at Nova, Silverprint or elsewhere.

Shooter
    35mm
    Sorry you had a bad experience with firstcall - they've always been good to me. One time phoning me a few minutes after I placed an online order to tell me there would be a 5 day wait.

Anyway, both Nova & Silverprint are very good suppliers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  ó   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin