Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,524,007   Online: 851

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I have just shot my first roll of 35 mm Fomapan Classic 100 film - in bright contrasty light - and am thinking of developing it in either Rodinal or pyrocat hd 2:2:100. Any suggestions for developing times?
    Alan Clark

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    try the massive dev chart at www.digitaltruth.com-vv handy.
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    prospect fo film is on this address

http://www.foma.cz/en/prod/cbneg.htm

but they don't mentioned Rodinal.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurajk

but they don't mentioned Rodinal.
    But they do mention a developer call Fomadon Excel which seems to have teh same characteristics as XTOL. Anyone have experience with this developer?

I miss my 1 liter packs of XTOL

- Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Foma's developer R09 is about the same as Rodinal.
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    R09 was ORWO product, wasn't it?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Yes, R09 is to be considered an Orwo product, although it actually was produced by Calbe and still is. Rumours are that R09 is the old Rodinal formula, while Agfa Rodinal is slightlly changed. As I'm still busy with my Agfa Rodinal, I had no chance to test the Foma R09 I picked up some years ago in Praha.

Regards,

Wolfram
    Colour? We can always use an airbrush later...

This is very interesting. I bought my Foma 100 classic from Retro Photographic here in the U.K. According to their latest advert in Black & White photography magazine, they now import Calbe R09 and recommend it for traditional high silver content emulsions like Efke and Foma because it follows the pre-war formulation of what is now Agfa Rodinal.

I'll try half of my roll of Foma in Calbe R09 as this has to be a good starting point, and develop the other half for comparison in ID11 1+1. Alan Clark

Images
    Alan,

you can develop Fomapan films in ID-11 stock (Fomapan 100 for 6-7min at 20 degrees) without any problem.

Kate

Thank you Kate, and thanks also to Black Dog and Jurajk for earlier information on processing times etc. for Foma film.
    So far my experience with Foma film is limited to one roll of Fomapan 400. I exposed this in bright contrasty lighting along with a roll of HP5 and a roll of new TriX-all 35mm. I developed all three together in Pyrocat HD 2:2:100 for 10 min. at 20 degrees C. Results? HP5 good, TriX better and Foma superb! It has real character. Alan Clark

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin