Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,878   Online: 1034

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: MaxPyro

Images
    I should have added that with the tapered stopper installed, the syringe makes an air-tight seconary stopper and you can easily invert the container to withdraw contents without transferring back and forth between containers. Viscosity makes much less difference now.
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    Any ideas about something that would mix well with TEA and reduce itsviscosity and maintain the pH that is provided by TEA without reducing shelf life?
    What about using diethylamine or is that too fishy smelling?

What about thinning with an alcohol?
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Images
    Thinning with an alcohol would have the same disadvantage as thinning with propylene glycol.
    Keeping at 100F as in a brisker oven that bread makers use reduces viscosity considerably.
    The cheapest and easiest to use is the syringe in the bottle cap
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Keyes View Post
    What about using diethylamine or is that too fishy smelling?

What about thinning with an alcohol?
    Have you looked at the price of diethylamine? Very expensive compared to propylene glycol and TEA. And the MSDS sheets indicates there would be considerable risk involved in its use.

Sandy

Images
    I happened to see an empty "Spray 'n Wash bottle in the trash. My perverse tendency took hold. I put some of the Pyro-Metol-TEA in it and squirted it into a tall thin graduated cylinder. Each full pull of the trigger expelled a little more than 1 ml. It did not spray a mist, but a fine stream. The viscosity made the trigger pull a little stiff, but easy enough to handle. Twisting the nozzle half a turn shut it off. It would be an easy matter to put a block under the trigger to measure out 1 ml.

This kind of spray bottle dominates the laundry world, and should be explored more thoroughly.
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by gainer View Post

This kind of spray bottle dominates the laundry world, and should be explored more thoroughly.
    You can market it as the Develop 'n Go!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm experimenting right now with using a hand soap dispensing pump bottle to dispense HC110. It seems to work well, except I haven't found a pump yet that shuts off without wasting developer.

I sure wish someone would come up with such a pump - preferably one that fits the threads on the HC110 bottle.

Matt

Images
    I must apologize profusely. In my haste to test that pump I used Purocat MC in glycol instead of TEA. The TEA mixture made the pump painful to operate. However, I did test the sort of pump I think Matt described. It contained the Leader brand of skin moisturizing lotion, which is so thick that the "waves" in the stuff I poured out haven't levelled after a couple of hours. It works quite well on the PMC-TEA and also puts out approximately a ml per stroke. When I quit pumping, it stops flowing. I don't know if it fits the thread on HC-110 bottle, but you could transfer the HC-110 to the bottle that came with the pump. Search for soap-making supplies, as I'm about to do, and you may find what you wany.
    Gadget Gainer

Images
    GOOGLE for lotion pumps. They are desigbed to handle lotions, liquid soaps, and other highly viscous fluids. A place to start is The Chemistry store. You could also go to the nearest supermarket or drugstore and get a bottle of lotion.

Reminds me of a time years ago when I needed a very small spring for one of my projects. I figured that the spring that pressed the flint against the wheel in a cigarette lighter would be just right. I went to all the local places where lighters were sold looking for the cheapest one. In order to make sure the spring was right, I had to take the filnt and spring out. Imagine trying to explain to helpful sales clerks what I was looking for.
    Gadget Gainer

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin