Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,158   Posts: 1,614,166   Online: 1153

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Lucky Films

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by rjr View Post
    Paul,

Did Fuji close the finishing plant for film and single use cameras in the US?
    A finishing plant is not necessarily manufacturing, considering that labour rates in Japan these days are pretty much on par with the US, the added value of finishing is probably not the most expensive part of the process. Funny thing is, Kodak does their finishing in Mexico, but the film is still marked made in USA.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by wogster View Post
    Funny thing is, Kodak does their finishing in Mexico, but the film is still marked made in USA.
    Both the Kodak Brand (and the arista premium brand for that mater) that I have used recently show the "finished in Mexico" on the box. Normally in most places the "made in" is supposed to show where the majority of the value was added. and that is probably in turning raw materials into film, not cutting and rolling.

Before the move to mexico, the only time I have seen anything like that was some British High speed ektachrome which was marked that it was made in USA but packaged by Kodak Limited London. That was when the place I was working at was buying from a grey market supplier as they offered smaller orders than the minimum from Kodak.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    The "Centuria" film sold in Japan is made by "DNP".
    I have seen one seller on E-bay who stated that DNP was Dai-Nippon Printing - which is the firm that bought Konica-Minolta's Inkjet Paper business if I remember right.

I am too hesitant to buy film directly from hong kong to find out.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin