Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,687   Online: 882

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Where is sheet acros?

I know quickloads were history for Acros, but I thought that the sheetfilm boxes would be available. I checked BH, Freestyle and Badger....no luck.
    I may go ahead an get some TMY for a vacation I have planned if I can't find Acros.

Thanks -- Mark

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, on another thread, someone contacted someone from Fuji who said that Acros 100 in QL isn't discontinued at this moment, but who knows with the availability right now. As for getting it in sheets, officially it isn't imported to the US, however, you can get it at Japan Exposures. It also appears they have it QL right now.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I looked at the other threads and it seemed that the message from Fuji and retailers is that the film is to be distributed in 10 sheet boxes and QL was not going to be offered....and now I can't find the sheets! I think I'll try to be smart and contact Fuji directly since it seems that there are conflicting opinions on what is going on. I'll post the response.

Thanks -- Mark
    Last edited by Mark Fisher; 07-26-2009 at 12:26 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added info

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i find it interesting that so many people are quick to bash Kodak, but lately Fuji seems to be playing the "lets discontinue this, and this as well" game. just my $.02. TMY is a terrific film though, great choice!

-dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Fisher View Post
    I looked at the other threads and it seemed that the message from Fuji and retailers is that the film is to be distributed in 10 sheet boxes and QL was not going to be offered....and now I can't find the sheets! I think I'll try to be smart and contact Fuji directly since it seems that there are conflicting opinions on what is going on. I'll post the response.

Thanks -- Mark
    I've been e-mailing them for two weeks now and have not received a response. By all means PLEASE post any response from them.

Thanks,

Bob
    Best regards,

Bob
    CEO-CFO-EIEIO, Ret.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Can't seem to find it here in Canada either.
    I have gotten my Acros 4x5 in boxes of 20 sheets from people travelling and from Japan Exposure.
    Unfortunately, I have found that buying from an online store is overly expensive.
    Nevertheless, I really like the way Fuji packages their film products, e.g., the 120 interlock spools.
    Am wondering if it is really worth the trouble or should one just be content with the excellent Ilford products more readily available?
    Follow the Light John 8:12
    ~~~PhotoBob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoBob View Post
    Nevertheless, I really like the way Fuji packages their film products, e.g., the 120 interlock spools.
    Now you have me really curious. What is a 120 interlock spool? I've never used any Fuji 120 film.
    Charles Hohenstein

E76
    Shooter
    Instant Films
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy View Post
    Now you have me really curious. What is a 120 interlock spool? I've never used any Fuji 120 film.
    The Fujifilm spools have a little hook inside the the slot. You just insert the backing paper into the spool and it grabs on to a hole cut into the paper. No holding of the paper in place for the first few turns when loading is necessary.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks E76, that sums it up nicely
    Follow the Light John 8:12
    ~~~PhotoBob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do we have an official word on Acros in Quickloads? I keep hearing it mentioned in various topics, but I have no idea what the source is. And I was looking to get a quickload holder for exactly this film, so I'm just gonna go back to bed and hope it isn't true...

Either way, both are still available from japan exposures
    Last edited by Alex Bishop-Thorpe; 07-26-2009 at 06:51 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: making an actual contribution instead of just complaining
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin