Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,730   Posts: 1,670,278   Online: 933

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    hopefully the 35mm stock wıll begın to dry up soonö
    I'm working on it.

Shooter
    35mm
    I already shot two rolls of 35mm APX-100 (Rollei Retro) this morning
    One for coffee-develop-testing, one for regular developing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    APX 400 unlike APX25 & APX100 wasn't a new technology improved film compared to the earlier AP versions, but in the end Agfa renamed AP400 as APX400 in line with the rest of their B&W film range...
    I'm not so sure about that. Compare this 1996 Agfa information

http://www.cri.ensmp.fr/~silber/photo/docs/films.pdf

with a later publication.

http://mainphoto.com/services/agfa_scala_tech_data.pdf

The data reveal that, in addition to calling Agfapan APX 400 "new generation as of 2003," developing times differ. Previously Rodinal 1:25 in a small tank was specified as requiring 7 minutes at 20 degrees C for gamma = 0.65. That changed to 10 minutes under the same conditions for the same contrast with the newer version. Maximum contrast with the newer film also tops out at gamma = 0.69 no matter how long one develops in Rodinal 1:25, while the older version was documented to at least 0.75.

I'm also looking forward to Mirko bringing this film back to market, specifically in sheets. I hope the product he coats replicates the 2003 version, since it appears very well suited to rotary processing at high temperatures, similar to 320TXP's behavior in Xtol.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin