Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,831   Online: 967

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Agfapan APX film 35mm ??

Does anyone have any information on agfapan film . Ive been away from film photography for a while and discovered that this film was discontinued, however ive now heard it is back?? l like the Rich Blacks and the Tonality that this film produced.
    Some retailers in the U.K appear to be selling it stating that 'its back' but the box appears to have changed? Is this the same film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Before Agfa ceased manufacture they made a lot of film, that's been flooding the market at cheap prices. It's an excellent film I used it in 35mm, 120 & 5x4 for years, always processing in Rodinal.

Once stocks begin to dry up Fotoimpex will begin coating fresh film in 35mm, 120 & sheet film sizes, it'll be sold under the Adox brand name. There's probably a big push at the moment as film stock isn't that fresh now and although still in date will be getting closer to it's theoretical expiry date.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I recently bought some of this Agfa Foto branded film, and found it the same as the old APX100, at least it looks and develops the same!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I believe that www.macodirect.de film (Retro 80, 100, 400) is (almost) the same emulsion. I have used 100 and it's nice. I developed in XTOL. I have my fridge full of Retro 100 and 400 (135 and 120).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Rollei Retro 100 and 400 (not 400s) are original Agfa Photo (Made in Leverkusen, Germany) master rolls. This film is the same as APX100/400 because it IS Agfa APX100/400. There was a huge amount of this film and many others in storage at Leverkusen and it was then bought, cut and canned by Maco using ex-Agfa 35mm spooling machines. This is what i have been told by an ex Agfa contact in Germany.

It's a good film and i prefer it to the Kodak T Grain films. I always process in Rodinal and it is very forgiving

Shooter
    Multi Format
    andrewkirkby has correct information.

I recently bought enough 35mm Rollei Retro 100 & 400 for one year consumption with a very good price. I have been slowly moving away from Rodinal (1+100 / 1+50) towards D-76 1+1 because it seems to produce more consistent results for me.

Be warned that the 120 version of Rollei Retro 100 curls like hell. 400 is much better though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mablo View Post
    Be warned that the 120 version of Rollei Retro 100 curls like hell. 400 is much better though.
    I have also curls problem with Rollei 400. Pretty annoying

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Shooter
    35mm
    My drugstore stells it at €1/36exp. I love the stuff, develop it in Rodinal stand or Ilfosol 3. Sharp, fine grained and amazing tonality. Perhaps my favourite 100 ISO film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Before Agfa ceased manufacture they made a lot of film, that's been flooding the market at cheap prices. It's an excellent film I used it in 35mm, 120 & 5x4 for years, always processing in Rodinal.

Once stocks begin to dry up Fotoimpex will begin coating fresh film in 35mm, 120 & sheet film sizes, it'll be sold under the Adox brand name. There's probably a big push at the moment as film stock isn't that fresh now and although still in date will be getting closer to it's theoretical expiry date.

Ian
    I'm not expecting the Adox-branded stuff to be available before 2011.

If Rollei respects Agfa's expiration dates, the last of the Rolliei stock should expire sometime in early 2011. According to FreeStyle Photo in the USA, there's quite a lot of the Rollei stuff still around.

I'm not sure if all the Rollei film will sold before it expires. In fact, you can *still* get Agfa-boxed Agfapan 400 from Adorama in 135.
    Digital Photography is just "why-tech" not "high tech"..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin