Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,962   Posts: 1,558,295   Online: 989

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Threads merged, title updated.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thank you for the relocation. I'd read the original thread, and though one user mentioned increasing agitation intervals, the rest of the thread was devoted to the recommended 3 minute intervals. And pork and turkey.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ame01999 View Post
    And pork and turkey.
    I east both

More seriously too little agitation causes streaking, bromide drag.

I find Pyrocat has very good catutance and micro-contrast with normal agitation, I've used less agitation and it doesn't increase by that much (but I done it by accident -not palnned).

I could give you formulae that will give far higher acutance/edge effects but at the sacrifice of micro-contrast and very fine deail, and with a slight increase in grain. But look at the se prints from a medium distance they look razor sharp go up close and the effect's gone because the fine deatails lost.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I did a test last weekend with a hassy.

(A) First roll developed 'normal' as I do it always.
    pyrocat-HD 1:1:100, 20 degree celcius. for 12 minutes.
    first min continious, after that 1x each 30 seconds.

Second roll.
    (B) pyrocat-HD 1:1:100, 22 degree celcius. for 15 minutes
    first min continious, after that 10 seconds at 4,8 and 12 minutes.

Conclusion (prints are 24cm x 24cm):
    ------------------------------------
    Both prints are printed at their best. Print (A) is printed at grade 2.5. Print (B) at grade 2. (A) is a little softer.

-General impression of both prints from 1 meter is equal.
    -Shadow separation is equal
    -middle tone separation in the tree looks a little brighter for (B). But is almost unnoticable. Maybe i want to see something here...

So for me the method used for roll B is not different than the one I use with much more agitation.

Remark:
    --------
    I would have expected that the max density of the negative (clouds) would be somethat less dense because of the decreese in agitation, but it looks that with the 1:1 dilution there is enough developer to overcome the 4 minutes between two agitation points.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin