Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,710   Online: 776

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We set a record temp here today in Vancouver 33.8 C

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dances_w_clouds View Post
    We set a record temp here today in Vancouver 33.8 C
    In fact, it is an all time record. The measuring station (at the Vancouver airport) has never recorded that temperature before.

Away from the airport, it has been quite a bit warmer.

Matt

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt View Post
    I checked the weather report and for Seattle it's expected to be 101 to 103 and that breaks an all time record.
    That's nothing. It was 106 here in Portland today. It wouldn't be so bad if I could get Paris Hilton to come by the house and say "That's Hot!".
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is that 92.84 F the old record goes back to 1960!

Portland was a scorcher, the weather channel had a reporter there all day. That guy is probably in a bath of ice cubes and cold water now.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    Well, tell you what Ontario, we've had enough of summer now, you can have it back!

I heard that one of the records broken today was in Inuvik - 29C today (what's that?... 90F?). Inuvik is on the Arctic Ocean.
    Well, put some of that heat in a box and send it over, this is the second year in a row that we have gone from late spring to early fall, missing the season in between. I wouldn't mind skipping winter once in a while, that always seems to show up with gusto, but man.....
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Strike

Quote Originally Posted by wogster View Post
    Well, put some of that heat in a box and send it over, this is the second year in a row that we have gone from late spring to early fall, missing the season in between. I wouldn't mind skipping winter once in a while, that always seems to show up with gusto, but man.....
    Be thankful. With the garbage collection people on strike with hot weather you would have some serious health problems.
    Last edited by dances_w_clouds; 07-30-2009 at 01:01 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by dances_w_clouds View Post
    Be thankful. With the garbage collection people on strike with hot weather you would have some serious health problems.
    That's been the only bright spot, they pretty much have it resolved, except some of the city council members have decided the mayor should go down in flames over this and want to vote it down:rolleyes:. I don't know, I feel like emailing my local council member and telling them to not screw this up. Don't get me started though on the mayor and council in this over grown hamlet.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here we are about 130 degrees cumulative below average for July, with several days highs only in the 60's. I have to put on a heater in my basement darkroom to get the temp up to 65. Now if we could find a way to re-distribute some of your heat, we could all be more comfortable.

Bob
    "I always take a camera, That way I never have to say 'Gee, look at that - I wish I had a camera'" -Joe Clark, H.B.S.S.

Ria

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Here in sunny Tucson, it's been beastly hot--106F, 109F, etc. as usual. The darkroom I use, being well insulated and equipped with an ac window unit, is quite bearable, in fact more comfortable than my apartment, which has evaporative cooling, (aka swamp cooler). However, the "cold" water out of the tap runs about 94F.
    Ria

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ria View Post
    Here in sunny Tucson, it's been beastly hot--106F, 109F, etc. as usual. The darkroom I use, being well insulated and equipped with an ac window unit, is quite bearable, in fact more comfortable than my apartment, which has evaporative cooling, (aka swamp cooler). However, the "cold" water out of the tap runs about 94F.
    Ria
    94 f is hot, we have cooled down in so Cal,but yesterday while rinsing off some negs that were just developed I noted the cold water above 80 deg. f. negs seemed ok.

Mike

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin