Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,750   Posts: 1,515,751   Online: 1106

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Film: Beutlers high definition dev (occasionally with borax instead of sodium carbonate), maybe in time some experiments with pyrocat.
    Paper: Chris Patton's E72

Basic reason is the availability of simple ingredients, and very good results in the first rounds. I'am just starting up with mixing my own chemicals.
    Fotografen zien veel meer in hun leven

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Any suggestions of where I can source chemicals?
    http://www.photoformulary.com/DesktopDefault.aspx in the USA.

CG-chemicals, Germany. Here you can buy in "small" quantities but I am not sure they ship oversea, but you can ask.
    PM for further info.

For Beutler you can use washing Soda, which is very cheap (in Holland) €0,79/1000g.
    http://www.senzora.com/index.asp?sub....asp&pg=2&mi=5

Best regards,

Robert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No, I don't. I like what I get from the pre-packaged stuff, and I figure the people who make it know what they're doing. I don't find that mixing my own would be any more economical either. By the time I amortized the cost of the raw chemistry and the equipment I'd need to buy, I'll be dead and gone.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fschifano View Post
    No, I don't. I like what I get from the pre-packaged stuff, and I figure the people who make it know what they're doing. I don't find that mixing my own would be any more economical either. By the time I amortized the cost of the raw chemistry and the equipment I'd need to buy, I'll be dead and gone.
    $25 for a scale.

I've spent probably $100 on bulk chemicals but I've made at least that much in dollar value of chemistry out of it. The PMK I mixed up would probably have cost $40 all by itself.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Depending what you're making it can be interesting but I agree that for only making D76 you can better buy a pre-package of 3,8Ltr. especially if you are working with small quantities like 35mm and roll film development.

D72 for prints and D76 for film. Because it is always fresh and dirt cheap if you buy bulk chems.

I would not even think of buying unmarked undated liquids that sat on a camera store shelf or who knows how long.

Metol is a little sensitive, so put a pound in 8 two oz glass blttles and tape seal the lids. Work from one at a time. Cut a plastic spoon down so you can get powder out.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin