Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,400   Online: 1081

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    CBG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Eventually, you may find that going by the manufacturer's recommendation, you get negatives that are too contrasty, or too flat for your needs and for the way you process. They are best seen as a staring point from which you fine tune to get things the way you need them.

If your results are consistently too contrasty, inch back on the developing time just a little. And if too flat, add a little to your developing time. Whatever you start with, the most important thing you can do is to be consistent enough that your results can be depended upon. Once you have that, you'll have a repeatable base to see how to modify your results.

Think of it as a kind of recipe. If it keeps coming out undercooked, you cook just a little longer, etc, etc.

Take notes every time until there is no more to learn. Then you can go back and see how you got a particular result. Sounds monotonous, but it pays off the first time you would have had to redo something when you lost track of how you got something.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    The Massive Developing chart is too unreliable, go by manufacturers own data-sheets.

Ian
    This is always good advice although much of the data on the massive developing chart where practicable, is actually from the manufacturers own data.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Only some Keith and when it is a link to the manufacturers data would be invaluable. But there are quite a number of very strange anomalies because people don't put all the info, so temperatures and agitation aren't always taken into account or adjusted.

Ian

Shooter
    127 Format
    Success! I don't have a scanner of any kind, but I went out and shot a roll today and developed it right away and it looks great! I don't have a darkroom (yet) so I'll take the negs to my local camera shop to make some prints...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingbobdole View Post
    Success! I don't have a scanner of any kind, but I went out and shot a roll today and developed it right away and it looks great! I don't have a darkroom (yet) so I'll take the negs to my local camera shop to make some prints...
    G R E A T !

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin