Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,450   Posts: 1,570,094   Online: 881

Shooter
    35mm

I need storage help!

I usually use plastic negative sheets to store films, just noticed I am out. What can I store these negatives in until I can get to the shop to get more sheets?
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Parchment paper, all my dad ever used. Use a piece about 4 inches and fold roughly in thirds with the center section the width of a negative, 36mm.
    D-76 is a standard developer, although not one I use.
    Ansel Adams - The Negative

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by trexx View Post
    Parchment paper, all my dad ever used. Use a piece about 4 inches and fold roughly in thirds with the center section the width of a negative, 36mm.
    Thinking this might be an idea for some of the older negatives in the collection, and then reuse some of the negative pages I already have. Some of the negatives go back over 30 years, and the chances that I will want to take them out and print them is pretty remote, especially some of the colour ones that are no longer printable, heck some of them are not really scanable either.....
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I hate to say this but I use standard business envelopes. No, they are not archival; but I have some negatives stored this way for quite a number of years and they are still in very good condition. Certainly for short term storage until you get a fresh supply of negatives sheets, these will suffice.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Acid free sketchbook paper always worked for me as a short term solution
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fschifano View Post
    I hate to say this but I use standard business envelopes. No, they are not archival; but I have some negatives stored this way for quite a number of years and they are still in very good condition. Certainly for short term storage until you get a fresh supply of negatives sheets, these will suffice.
    I also use standard business envelopes. As far as I can tell there has never been a problem with any of the negatives stored this way for many years.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin