Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,700   Posts: 1,548,400   Online: 1082

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    I take my time and try to enjoy it. Sometimes I genuinely enjoy it but when it sucks I get out.

Probably 4 to 6 prints that are average, with maybe 2 of those being above that. I don't factor in toning time, or extra washes, drying, etc.
    I usually wait until i'm finished printing and they've dried to tone, just to be able to judge things a bit better. Also it helps me to think about the image and what I wish for the end result to finally be before I commit to toning, even if it is just a selenium soak. With polytoner this becomes much more important. At least I think it does, to me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    1-2. Making up a batch of 8-10 prints is a whole day affair for me.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quality prints, 2-4 when they goes for exhibition or for gift/selling.
    Just for "memory prints" to myself, perhaps 4-8. These are good, but not really-really finished. But they're acceptable under the glass frame.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BBBold: BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Fresh prints, 3-8. Prints from notes, 6-12.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm
    0 to 10 of the same print. Depends on how things go. I don't really count washing as time in the darkroom

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Blog Entries
    sometimes about a print / hour
    and that includes a handful or extras / print ...

like ian,
    i was taught how to mass-print like a human-mini-lab.
    once you learn how to, it isn't too hard ...

john

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    It takes as long as it takes.

Personally, I have found that trying to keep a print rate up to some theoretical nominal rate is counter-productive and destroys the fun - it is a hobby after all

I now work on a single Neg until I am reasonably happy with a print - and then leave it around for a while to see if I still like it after a period from a few days to a couple of weeks.

Often, I change my mind about how a print should look after it has been around for a while.

I can repeat this iterative process quite a few times, while others are right first time (but not very often )

Martin

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Aislabie View Post
    It takes as long as it takes.

Personally, I have found that trying to keep a print rate up to some theoretical nominal rate is counter-productive and destroys the fun - it is a hobby after all

I now work on a single Neg until I am reasonably happy with a print - and then leave it around for a while to see if I still like it after a period from a few days to a couple of weeks.

Often, I change my mind about how a print should look after it has been around for a while.

I can repeat this iterative process quite a few times, while others are right first time (but not very often )

Martin
    I find that my own mood will often define a print, from the same negative one print will be light and happy, another dark and ominous, yet each is right for the day it's made. I never kept notes on what was the best exposure for a print, because the next time I dealt with it, I might not want that.
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do postcards count?

Every negative is different - even if they are all well exposed and developed.

As a result, the number per session is always different.

If the target is prints of a good technical quality (record shots etc.) than the volume can go up considerably, especially when I can leave the darkroom mostly set up over several days of printing.

You should have seen me go when I used to do colour wedding proofs .

Matt

rst
    Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Do postcards count?
    LOL

Yes, when it comes to postcards, after an adjustment phase of finding where I want to go (which might be much different from where I wanted to go at the time of capture) I can print 50 postcards in about 2 hours. The last exchange took longer since I sent contact prints. That took me 4-6 hours.

Usually I get 4-6 lith prints in an evening session of 3-4 hours. These are prints which I feel comfortable to show others.

Cheers
    Ruediger

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin