Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,114   Posts: 1,613,082   Online: 1063

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jet dry works great. And at dilution there is no color to speak of.

I used jet dry until I ended up with what seems like a hundred year supply of Photoflo.

Quote Originally Posted by brofkand View Post
    I'd bet that Jet-dry is similar to photo-flo, but Jet-dry has colorants and probably other junk in it I wouldn't touch with my negatives.

Use Photo-Flo if you have issues with spotting. If you don't have issues, then just use plain tap water or distilled water. I personally don't have problems with spotting, so I don't use Photo-flo. Freestyle sells their brand of Photo-flo, and there are several other producers that make a similar product that is cheaper than Kodak's, but in reality you use the stuff in such high dilutions and it lasts so long that I would just buy Kodak to avoid any possible QC issues.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I can't belive this thread is still going! People spend hundreds or thouands on camears, $3-9 on a roll of film, $1/sheet for printing paper, hundreds or thousands on darkroom equipment and chemicals, film tanks etc, and the one item that costs $7.99, lasts nearly forever, and may make the difference between clean, archival negatives and ruined ones sparks an 8 page debate on using household chemicals?

Perhaps we need a thread on loading 35mm cameras in changing bags so the film leader doesn't get wasted...

Seriously there is some interesting technical discussion here that I have enjoyed reading but... really?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Many dish washing liquids have skin softeners and perfumes which are not good for negative. Have you ever used a liquid soap and later found that your hands still smell of the soap no matter how many times you rewash your hands.

Feel free to use all the dish washing liquids on you negatives, just don't bother to come back here and complain about it later.

Steve
    I am not likely to do so. I have been using dish washing liquids for about 50 years and even my earliest negatives are in excellent condition.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    With little effort on everyones' part we could make this as long as a Kodachrome thread.

Steve
    That's easy - just "delete" it!
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    With little effort on everyones' part we could make this as long as a Kodachrome thread.

Steve
    That sounds like a challenge Sir !!!!
    "Flatter Me, and I May Not Believe You. Criticize Me, and I May Not like You. Ignore Me, and I May Not Forgive You. Encourage Me, and I Will Not Forget You."

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteZ8 View Post
    I can't belive this thread is still going! People spend hundreds or thouands on camears, $3-9 on a roll of film, $1/sheet for printing paper, hundreds or thousands on darkroom equipment and chemicals, film tanks etc, and the one item that costs $7.99, lasts nearly forever, and may make the difference between clean, archival negatives and ruined ones sparks an 8 page debate on using household chemicals?

Perhaps we need a thread on loading 35mm cameras in changing bags so the film leader doesn't get wasted...

Seriously there is some interesting technical discussion here that I have enjoyed reading but... really?
    Yes 9 pages and the FIRST reply answered the question! I think it was the 4th or fifth that confirmed it, so the thread could have gone away at that point.....

As for the Kodachrome thread, I think it finally went away.....
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's a classic example of penny wise pound foolish in my opinion.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by brofkand View Post
    It's a classic example of penny wise pound foolish in my opinion.
    Isn't that "penny wise, dollar foolish" here in the States?
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin