Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,188   Online: 957

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Of course, if the other roll in the same tank showed any images at all, it can't be a "fixer went in first" problem. On the other hand, it seems strange that developer at the point of failure would develop most of one roll and *nothing* on the other. From the available information, I'd guess that the blank roll was never exposed.

It would be helpful to know if the edge markings came out, though.

-NT
    Nathan Tenny
    San Diego, CA, USA

The lady of the house has to be a pretty swell sort of person to put up with the annoyance of a photographer.
    -The Little Technical Library, _Developing, Printing, And Enlarging_

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by ntenny View Post
    Of course, if the other roll in the same tank showed any images at all, it can't be a "fixer went in first" problem. On the other hand, it seems strange that developer at the point of failure would develop most of one roll and *nothing* on the other. From the available information, I'd guess that the blank roll was never exposed.

It would be helpful to know if the edge markings came out, though.

-NT
    Good point. Makes me think perhaps developer volume could be a suspect as well...

Shooter
    35mm
    There is generaly some of the leader left on a roll of 35mm film when the tank is loaded. That should be uniformly BLACK. and as mentioned the edge print is a good check point. if all three are blank you have developer failure. if the edge print and the black part of the leader is there you have camera or exposure problems.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Wow...this is quite an outpouring of helpful hints and comments. Thanks!!

After careful review, I have to grudgingly acknowledge that it was a bonehead mistake. The camera in question is a Leica M3 that gave me problems when I was learning how to load film. I thought I had worked out the kinks...making sure that the arrow on the rewind nob showed the film being advanced. I guess I reverted to my old, dumb habit of thinking the roll was spooled correctly when it was not. The second roll (at the bottom of my two reel tank) came out OK save for 4 exposures.

I am going to brew a fresh developer (X-Tol) and try again with a few more rolls I have waiting to be developed.

Thanks again to everyone offering their thoughts and comments.

...I am thinking I like it here. 8-)

Cheers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin