Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,228   Online: 1055

Thread: Silly mistake

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Silly mistake

Accidentally took the screw top lid off my Patterson tank before I even started development, with two rolls (on on each spool) inside.

Has it all been ruined. It was probably exposed for about a second before I realized.

:o

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Every mistake is a learning experience. Odds are, you won't do that again.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I really hope not

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    They could both be ruined, or the lower one might be pretty much OK. When developing a 120 roll (1 reel, but same tank) I didn't put the screw top funnel thing on properly and it was angled. Quick as I could I turned it back a bit then locked it in. The top of my roll was fogged but it looked pretty normal at the bottom. My guess is that your roll that was on top will be FUBAR but the lower one may at least be usable, if not just fine!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I only did that once, the one time I used a changing bag and had my dev tank in the kitchen. (It was probably the fact that it wasn't in the darkroom that made me less careful). I opened it for about 2 seconds and had 3200 speed film inside. The film was fairly ruined but not completely. They were photos of the Devils Marbles and would have been great.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Both rolls came out ruined, oh well.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin