Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,749   Posts: 1,483,783   Online: 859

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Any info on Kodak Elite Fine Art paper

I visited my local camera store today to pick up some more 11x14 trays and some film, and while perusing though the paper wall I found an old pack of this paper, 10 sheets of 11x14. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me anything about this paper. It's listed as S3 High Lustre. Specifically, I was wondering how it would both lith and also whether it was any good for bromoil. I'll do a test sheet of it tonight or tomorrow, but any info on what I should expect would be appreciated. Also, I know that Kodak doesn't make paper anymore. How long ago did they stop making this particular paper?

Thanks
    Paul

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    This paper lith's incredibly well and very different from most papers.
    I seem to remember it requires a lot of exposure to get what you need.

mcd

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Cocklin View Post
    I visited my local camera store today to pick up some more 11x14 trays and some film, and while perusing though the paper wall I found an old pack of this paper, 10 sheets of 11x14. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me anything about this paper. It's listed as S3 High Lustre. Specifically, I was wondering how it would both lith and also whether it was any good for bromoil. I'll do a test sheet of it tonight or tomorrow, but any info on what I should expect would be appreciated. Also, I know that Kodak doesn't make paper anymore. How long ago did they stop making this particular paper?

Thanks
    Paul
    It is silver gelatin paper, and its old.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Thanks Bob, that's good news! I've got several negs in mind already that I'd like to lith bigger than 8x10, so this should be fun. The store had 4 more packs, though frankly I thought it was a little overpriced ($25 for a 10 pack of 11x14) for such an out of date paper with no guarantee of being without fog. I'll try a couple of sheets tonight, and if the paper looks like it's still in good shape, I may buy the other 4 packs anyway, just to have a bigger lith paper.

I would think you would be in a good position to haggle with the man at the cash register. That paper must be close to 5 years past date.

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin