Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,721   Posts: 1,514,944   Online: 1098

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I was a little bored this afternoon so I decided to try messing with some film.

So I grab a roll of APX 100 and headed for the nearby National Cemetary.

I exposed it at 50 asa and then developed it in D76 1:1 for 10 minutes @ 68.

As far as I can tell right now, they came out great (they are still hanging).

Anyone else shoot this combination? Any thoughts or advice?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    David,
    Have not use APX100, but would love to see an example of what you got. The National Cemetary would be a great place to try it. Always on the lookout for another "100" speed film, already love PX and FP4+.

Keeps us posted on how it prints and Thanks for the info.
    Mike C

Rambles

APX 100 is one of the nicest 100 speed films. excellent tonal range in almost any developer. I particularly liked it in pyro.

Agfa has discontinued it in sheet sizes, however, so I now use Acros as my 100 speed film.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have had great success with APX-100 in Rodinal, then I read an article about souping in D-23 diluted 1:1. The results were great.

The Eucalyptus & Fog picture on the opening page of my web site is that very combination.

- Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been shooting APX 100 and APX 400 in roll film for quite a while and I really like like them both. I have been using the Ilford equivilant to HC110 (Ilfotec) at dil.B and sometimes Ilfosol S and have had good results with both. I shoot the 100 at 64 and the 400 at 200 after having done a bit of testing.
    Brian McDowell

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin