Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,225   Posts: 1,532,661   Online: 862

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Anyone develop fuji fillms in D23?

I'm in love with Neopan 400 and Acros in 120. I just switched to D23 and have my 35mm film speeds all dialed in with it. Since my medium format cameras don't have meters, arriving at a desired developing time is a bit of a long process.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Hughes View Post
    For grainless smooth tones Fab for portrait, try perceptol Stock 12mins 30" at 20'C
    Ilford also list ID11 Stock 6 mins 45" @ 20'C
    The eaisest film to process. A fine quality product.
    ATB. Hughes
    sounds good to me im gonna try this out and get back here with results........i have a roll with a particularly important shoot i want to make look great.....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmichel View Post
    I've never had an issue with D-76, give it all a try!
    I used ID11 which is the opposite side of the same coin. It worked well.

I like Acros 100 in simple box cameras as it has bags of latitude, and can cope with mega overexposure as well and still get a printable decent negative.

I think its an often overlooked film that surprises people with its versatility. You have to do something really stupid to get a duff result
    "Flatter Me, and I May Not Believe You. Criticize Me, and I May Not like You. Ignore Me, and I May Not Forgive You. Encourage Me, and I Will Not Forget You."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I used XTOL undiluted at 74ºF for 5 minutes and 15 seconds based on 68ºF [20ºC] for 8 minutes.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurum View Post
    I think its an often overlooked film that surprises people with its versatility.
    Maybe where you live, but I find myself surrounded by Acros lovers who like it more than I do.

I tried to follow Fuji's recommendations, but as previously mentioned you just can't find Fuji developer easily outside of Japan. Not being keen on breaking into yet another chemical anyway, I used D-76 and was very happy with my results. I generally favor higher contrast negatives, but I keep Acros around for the occasions that call for its mellowness.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    FX39 for me. I'm still fairly new to Fuji BW films, but am loving them.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Leighgion View Post
    Maybe where you live, but I find myself surrounded by Acros lovers who like it more than I do.

I tried to follow Fuji's recommendations, but as previously mentioned you just can't find Fuji developer easily outside of Japan. Not being keen on breaking into yet another chemical anyway, I used D-76 and was very happy with my results. I generally favor higher contrast negatives, but I keep Acros around for the occasions that call for its mellowness.
    A lot of the Fuji materials are available in the UK, and my personal feeling is that as a country the range we get is only second to Japan. Certainly the C41 neopan has been here a lot longer officially than in the US market.

However, you do have to specifically plan to obtain it, even if that is just ordering it online, and waiting a few days for the post

If I want a couple of rolls of B&W from the nearest camera store, and I'm not too concerned about brand, the default choice is Ilford, as that is stocked everywhere
    "Flatter Me, and I May Not Believe You. Criticize Me, and I May Not like You. Ignore Me, and I May Not Forgive You. Encourage Me, and I Will Not Forget You."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you can get Super-Prodol it's quite nice: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/6...tml#post846389

I've done it in SP, Microfine, D-76, ID-11 & HC-110 and it's been nice in all of them.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've developed the sheet film (4x5 & 8x10) in Pyrocat-HD and liked what I got.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Two extreme counterparts for developing Fuji Acros 100:

Rodinal 1+50 (iso 64)
    CG-512 (RLS) 1+4 (iso 50)

In CG-512 you can't find any grain of the film. It's like an iso 25 film, amazing but iso 50 only.

In Rodinal the film has high acutance and sharpness. When using it in medium format the grain is also neglectible.
    When you like the sharpness you can also try Beutler A+B, 1+1+10 on box speed. Also a very good combination.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin