Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,138   Posts: 1,613,771   Online: 1039

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Today is literally the one year anniversary since I mixed up my 5L batch of Xtol. Developed a couple of rolls of 120 in it just last week. Works fine!

I kept it in four 40oz. brown glass beer bottles with metal caps. Drinking the beer was half the fun!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Moravec View Post
    Kodak has told me not even a clip test is a guarantee because the film area is small compared to developer volumn. KODAK said there is NO HOME TEST to reliably measure activity. I no longer use Xtol.
    I suspect Kodak wont put their name to a crude home test just like a doctor wont tell you its OK to diagnose yourself off the internet (though I have on several occasions found the internet more reliable)

If 20cc of dev causes a film leader to blacken quickly, the developer is working just fine and 400cc is not going to have any trouble developing your roll of film...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The only kind of "XTOL failure" I know of is the kind in which one is too lazy to shoot through a batch of it within six months. If you failed to shoot through a batch within six months, then you are officially considered an "XTOL failure!"

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    The difference between a good and a bad restaurant in Italy...

In a good restaurant the waitor will ask you after the meal: "Fish was good, sir?"
    In a bad restaurant he will ask: "Fish was still good, sir?"

Food packages have a "best before" stamp, often with a note about storage ("put in the fridge, dude"). It is vital to follow these instructions, because a "sudden death" can be very unpleasant...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I can't believe this thread is still going on.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Well, when you get the urge to do something you know you shouldn't, like make another post to this thread, just remember those famous words of Nancy Reagan, "Just say no".
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by david b View Post
    I can't believe this thread is still going on.
    You might try to delete this thread....

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin