Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,666   Online: 793

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Acros Thoughts?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by P C Headland View Post
    I really like it.

I shoot it at box speed and develop either in Rodinal 1+100 for 18 minutes, or PC-TEA 1+50 for 10 minutes. Lovely tonality, sharp & no grain to speak of. Dries flat too.
    Sorry, a little OT here, but where in NZ do you get your Rodinal from? I have never seen anyone carry it around here

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Has anything changed on importing sheet film to the US? I would really like to try 8x10. I checked Freestyle and B&H and found no sheet film. I understand there is a dealer in Japan who will send it. How are the delivered costs for this anywhere in the USA compared to FP4 and T-Max? If the price is competitive, has the dealer been reliable? Do you buy on his website? If so what is the url? If not how do you buy-communicate?

Thanks,

John Powers

Shooter
    Medium Format
    >Acros in Rodinal is my main 120 combo. Soup it in Rodinal 1:100, 18 min, 68 F, easy agitation on the minute.

Me too, except after three or four agitations in the first minute, one inversion every three minutes. Recently, I was making my first 16x20 print from 120 Acros, and I could barely detect the grain with the grain magnifier. With Rodinal, I expose at EI 100. I've had wonderful results at EI 200 using DD-X.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    John,
    have you checked with Badger Graphic or Midwest Photo Exchange? As far as I know, they both have sold Fuji Acros sheet film in the past. I got my last 8x10 Acros from Mpex. I have also purchased from Megaperls (which now goes by the name of Japan Exposures) http://www.unicircuits.com/shop/index.php
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    35mm
    I prefer fomapan over it simply due to price:quality.
    I like the grain of fomapan 100 a lot too, but the damn stuff stains my replenished D23 blue. I don't know if this is a problem but I don't like my developer looking like kool-aid so I'm transitioning to Acros for 100 speed. Hopefully it's a bit faster as well.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by colrehogan View Post
    John,
    have you checked with Badger Graphic or Midwest Photo Exchange? As far as I know, they both have sold Fuji Acros sheet film in the past. I got my last 8x10 Acros from Mpex. I have also purchased from Megaperls (which now goes by the name of Japan Exposures) http://www.unicircuits.com/shop/index.php
    Diane,

Thank you. Looking today I did not see 8x10 on Badger's website. Midwest does have it with the warning that one should email or call to check inventory. Jim is just down the road from me, well 125 miles. I will check.

Has anyone tried Acros sheet film developed with rollo pyro in a jobo? What results?
    I use it on both T Max 400 and Ilford 4&5.

Thanks,

John Powers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    ACROS in my opinion is a stunning film. It's my 100 speed film of choice. I've gotten great results with it in Rodinal 1:50, and in Diafine. I could not get along with it in Pyrocat though and it made the images look kind of too slick and plastic like. I like some grain, and the Pyrocat really minimized it to a point where focusing under the enlarger was a problem. Diafine and Rodinal both produce some grain that is easily seen for focusing. Reciprocity is also amazing, and is great for long exposures up to 2 minutes without adding in reciprocity compensation. I find that rating it at box speed for Diafine works amazingly well and is what I use most of the time. 4 minutes in each bath at 69 to 70 F, and beautiful negs result. For Rodinal at 1:50, I rate the film at about 64 to 80 for long subject brightness ranges and develop for 11 minutes agitating once for 10 seconds every minute. For normal contrast ranges, I rate at box speed and develop in Rodinal 1:50 for 13 minutes.

Calumet currently has the best prices in the US @ $2.79 per roll.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Moxom View Post
    Calumet currently has the best prices in the US @ $2.79 per roll.

While I agree with all you said, Adorama is currently selling 120 rolls for $2.69 and 35mm for $3.95 - and they have the 35mm in stock.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've only shot two rolls of Acros and one of those in an Agfa Clack, but I find a lot to like. Very fine-grain and smooth tones.

The only negative I really can bring up is the flipside of its virtues. I generally prefer more contrast, so Acros isn't going to become my film of choice because it's look is just too mellow.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Acros in XTOL is amazing!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin