Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,577   Posts: 1,545,719   Online: 799

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Krzys View Post
    I should still whack the tank against the counter to dislodge any bubbles yes?
    Yes

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Here's another stick user.
    I use inversion on my slightly leaking paterson tank only during the "Ilford" wash sequence. Development and the rest are done with stick rotation. Personally I keep the same scheme as recommended by film makers, i.e. 10 secs every minute with tapping after each cycle, and my negatives look fine. I've tuned dev times with this method, so I don't know if there's any little difference with the inversion method. But surely it IS possible to get good negs for your workflow.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think Ilford recommends 10 seconds each minute. The Kodak tech sheets almost invariably recommend 5 seconds each 30 seconds. I've done it both ways. Does it make a lot of difference? Not really once you've got things dialed in to your preference. My own admittedly anecdotal observations show that the negatives print about the same.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Burping... twirling... twiddling... tapping... whacking...

This is just rich!
    I brake for fixer!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Of course, following the directions that came with the tank would be ideal,

IF the directions came with the tank originally [not always the case]

ELSE IF we got the directions when we were given [or bought used] the tank.

But frankly, most of us never saw the instructions for any tank - plastic or steel.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

If you think a stick works, make an eventoned frame on one roll. If there are differences, that is where it will show with darker edges compared to the center.

If it does not pass this test, agitate over a tray and pour the spillage back in.

In my opinion, nothing is a good a vigorous inversion for roll film.

Patter direction say to use the stick ONLY for the first agitation immediately after pouring in developer. After that , invert

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin