Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,210   Online: 965

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have made contact with one of this sites sponsors regarding volume purchases and discounts of film and papers. It was suggested to me that it may be worthwhile to have several of us come together and combine our purchases to arrange more favorable pricing. Are any of you interested? Message or email me if this is of interest.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have just received a shipment of film and paper. I'm interested, but it may be a while until I could possibly contribute to something like that.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I understand. I will probably be placing an order for film this next week. I figured I'd give those interested a week to decide and to let me know what they wanted. After that, it would be the next time that I ordered film.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    What kind of film and paper? do we all have to buy the same thing?
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Large Format
    Anything that JandC sells. There is no requirement to buy the same film/format/paper/size. I was told that a volume discount would be extended on the basis of dollar volume of the order (provided a large enough order can be put together). The one requirement is that it be a single order and shipped to a single address.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Rats! I just ordered from J&C last night. At my rate of shooting, it may be another few months before I need to get film again.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Would the discount be enough to offset the double shipping expenses?
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    David,

That will depend on the size of the order and discount obtained. Usually the weight of a combined order will not be the only determining factor. I will of course be ordering from JandC myself so part of the first shipment charges will be absorbed by me. The second shipment should be roughly equal to a shipment directly from JandC since I am within several hundred miles of their location.

For instance for 20 boxes or rolls of film...a twenty percent discount would apply. I would assume that John will work the discount in some similar fashion on dollar volume of the order.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    David, you mean you don't want to journey to Kansas to pick up your order? I could pick you up at the Kansas City airport; four or five hours later we could be in Wichita at Don's place. Then you could say you met the two Large Format guys in Kansas! (Sorry, couldn't resist. Actually, we could pick up the entire order after picking you up at the airport, assuming it would fit in my pickup.)

Shooter
    Large Format
    David, I think that Alex plans on waylaying you somewhere along the Kansas Turnpike...I figure three hours to KCI...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin