Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,073   Online: 984

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    My CRC Handbook was thicker than Morrison and Boyd. I think I had a 57th Ed CRC in college. For work, I prefer the older ones, I had a 32nd Ed at home and an 18th Ed. for work. The 18th Ed. is from 1932 I think. And it's almost as thick as M&B.
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Photo Chemistry generally referes to the physical chemistry going on in the crystal and at the crystal-light interface. It is generally inorganic chemistry, but not always. George Byrd (of Princeton?) was one of the most prominent researchers in this. There are some physical chemistry texts on this.

Photographic Chemistry usually referes to the chemistry of processing. Haist, Henn and Lee are examples of B&W R&D here. Mees and James and Haist are good texts here.

Emulsion Chemistry or Engineering usually refers to making or designing emulsions. No textbooks worth anything. Many internal EK texts.

Photo Engineering usually refers to overall system design or someone who has had experience in all of the above. No textbooks worth anything. Many internal EK texts.

Coating Engineering is a side topic that refers to engineers who design coating equipment or design specs for making coatings of products. Many internal EK texts.

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post

Coating Engineering is a side topic that refers to engineers who design coating equipment or design specs for making coatings of products. Many internal EK texts.

PE

....and, from what I saw at 3M, lots of pointy black hat stuff.

seems that at each coating plant, they had a guy who, seemingly instinctively, knew how to turn the knobs (so to speak) to tune the process. It always seemed like so much black magic to me....of course, I was working in the maintenance shop back then.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Brad - I just remembered that Morrison and Boyd has an "answers" book that goes along with it. It's paperback, but still about as thick as the textbook. I'm sure you can find both online.
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin