Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,555   Posts: 1,545,021   Online: 834

Shooter
    Medium Format

How should I develop my Rolei ATP 1.1 120 film?

I bought a box of 12 120 rolls and a ATP14DC test kit. If I followed the instructions, 140ml would develop 7 films (20ml each making 250ml of working solution)

Problem is I have 10 films, not 7 (gave 2 away) and my developing tank needs 500ml to cover a 120 film spiral. What should I do?

a) dilute the solution to 500ml and develop longer? (how much longer?)
    b) develop the first 6 rolls in pairs, using 40 ml of solution twice
    c) develop the first 9 rolls in sets of three, using 40 ml of solution 3 times
    d) develop 3 roll using 40 ml each and use another developer for the rest.
    e) other. (expand)

if d), what would be a good choice? I have hc110, pyrocat hd, diafine (and some ancient dektol) Really dilute hc-110 or pyrocat-hd might be worth trying on a few rolls just to see what happens.

I saw a thread where someone tried a normal developer and kept getting solarisation effects in the highlights 'cos the film apparently doesn't like being over exposed at all.

Thanks,

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I have been using it exposed a 25 in Rodinal 1:300 at 20c. for 12 min. 20 sec initial and then 4 inversions every minute. 1/2 strength fix and even less photoflo.
    hope this helps
    PBrooks

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by PBrooks View Post
    I have been using it exposed a 25 in Rodinal 1:300 at 20c. for 12 min. 20 sec initial and then 4 inversions every minute. 1/2 strength fix and even less photoflo.
    hope this helps
    PBrooks
    I exposed my first roll at Iso 25. I think I'm going to dilute the DC developer enough to cover the film and develop a little longer. Later I will see what I can do with HC-110H

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm about to start experimenting with different developers with this film myself. From what I've read it behaves very much like the old Kodak tech pan in terms of development. At the Unblnkingeye.com, there are suggestions for development in Diafine, which I plan to try. Not long ago Sandy King posted a procedure for developing in divided Pyrocat HD, that sounds like it would be worth trying with ATP.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by surfotog View Post
    I'm about to start experimenting with different developers with this film myself. From what I've read it behaves very much like the old Kodak tech pan in terms of development. At the Unblnkingeye.com, there are suggestions for development in Diafine, which I plan to try. Not long ago Sandy King posted a procedure for developing in divided Pyrocat HD, that sounds like it would be worth trying with ATP.
    Ooh, I'll try Diafine then. My guess was that it would have ended up way too contrasty. I'll post results of what I try when I get round to developing my film.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Graham06 View Post
    I bought a box of 12 120 rolls and a ATP14DC (and some ancient dektol)
    I meant D-76

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Graham, The idea of developing ATP in Diafine is to either dilute solution A, or reduce the time in solution B. See unblinklingeye for details.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by surfotog View Post
    Graham, The idea of developing ATP in Diafine is to either dilute solution A, or reduce the time in solution B. See unblinklingeye for details.
    Looking to the page you mention, I found these pages that are relevant:

"diafine 3mins + <45s. HC-110-F:"
    http://www.digitaltruth.com/devchart...er=&mdc=Search

"TD-3 from the photographer's formulary":
    http://www.flickr.com/groups/ishootf...7613305186763/

Developing tech pan:
    http://unblinkingeye.com/Articles/Ti...n/techpan.html

ATP compares with Kodak TP, 1+300 rodinal:
    http://www.digitaltruth.com/products...p_film_002.php
    (ATP is more contrasty than TP)

some rodinal and Spur DC examples. suggest Technidol with 30 s less development:
    http://photo.net/black-and-white-pho...g-forum/00TSGU

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin