Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,690   Posts: 1,548,849   Online: 969

I noticed someone on a post asking about people clubbing together to buy cheaper films etc. I was just wondering if anyone uses their local college/ dont know what they are called in the States or if you got them, but I enrolled on a photography course here and went to the college shop. They sold all makes of film in 35mm and 120mm and I could'nt believe their prices.
    Forilford FP4 and HP5 120mm I pay £1.45 each but in the photo shop in town I paid £3.94! The same for paper: 10x8 box of 100 FB/VC cost me £25.00. It's because they have such buying power that they can do this,I don't think they are subsidised. My course lasts for 3 years but they did'nt ask me for proof of being a student so even after my course finishes I will still but from there.
    It's only a thought but it allows this lowly paid slave to hide in the darkroom.
    Another really good source is the 7 day shop, again I don't know if they export to the USA and if it would be worth it but worth looking at.

Images
    Just today I spoke to an old friend's daughter who is taking her first college photo/darkroom course. She needed some advice on getting a camera repaired. I offered what advice I could, but all I could think about was how I could glom onto her student discount for paper and chemistry.

Me, a middle aged man looking to take advantage of a young coed with only one thought in my mind. I feel so dirty. How long can it be before I've sunk to lurking in the shadows of local schoolyards propositioning students for their 20% off on Dektol and boxes of Ilford MG FB?
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You're only a photo pervert if you take full frontal nudity of the film boxes. I can see it now......Ilford laid bare, age - exp. 2007. All you ever wanted to know about processing...omg the images.
    Non Digital Diva

Images
    [Drool] Mmmmm... film boxes... Super Double XX... Oh yeah!
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

gma
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you live near a major university that teaches photo art classes check the student store. My experience has been that the University of Texas Co-op store has as much variety of sheet film and other darkroom products as the local photo retailers. The prices are about the same and the store will sell to anyone.
    [FONT=Century Gothic][/FONT][SIZE=7][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkOrange][/COLOR] I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!

Images
    I've turned all of you into the FBI! You sicko Freaks!
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    FBI.....Fiber Base Investigators?
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Images
    FBI...Film Buyers International?
    "Hey, I don't tell you how to tell me what to do, so don't tell me how to do what you tell me to do!"-Bender Bending Rodriguez

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Frequent Buyers Insentives. Beware we will be spammed by B&H, Calumet and others....
    Non Digital Diva

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin